Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wanta a laugh? As-Is 64C system for $2,000.  (Read 4023 times)

Description:

Offline Olecranon

• Show only replies by Olecranon
Re: Wanta a laugh? As-Is 64C system for $2,000.
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2006, 07:40:10 AM »
I guess he doesn't understand that some people are actually trying to be helpful.  Its pretty obvious that he is out of touch with what Amiga systems are selling for these days.

He has now appended this to all of his auctions.

Because of the mis-treatment that I have received from some people concerning this equipment, I will not be relisting it. I will be destroying the equipment when the listing expires.

Dont send me emails or I'll throw this 060 board out this 3rd story window!  I'll do it!

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 08:30:38 AM »
I guess he doesn't understand that some people are actually trying to be helpful.

People that complain about the price of something aren't trying to be helpful.
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline Rooster

• Show only replies by Rooster
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 08:41:44 AM »
What do ya mean a "thrift store"?  Names/examples..  Like Salvation Army store or something??  

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2006, 09:06:46 AM »
Well I hope AO users didn't send nasty emails because of my post, that was not my intention.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2006, 11:36:43 AM »
Well I hope AO users didn't send nasty emails because of my post, that was not my intention.

Don't sweat it, red.  I remember the (I'll smash this equipment) guy from back in the BBS days.  He was a whiner and a PITA back then, too.  He had a fairly nice system until backlash when he went to a pay structure.  (Who actually pays to be on a pirate BBS? :lol: )  

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2006, 03:05:52 PM »
The guy has a point. Just let him be and let him put an A2k on ebay for a million if he wants to.

Then again, it's funny how he turns all 'aw, look at poor old disabled me' in the replies to the questions on ebay =).

Offline sdyates

• Show only replies by sdyates
    • http://VintageGameSite.com
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2006, 04:00:27 PM »
I think I am going to make a bid. I have some spare Monopoly money around
1 x A500, Hi-toro 4000 :)
1 iMac OSx, 1 Mac Mini
1 Wintel 03 svr

http://www.RetroGameAndComputer.com
http://www.BassFishing-Gurus.com

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2006, 04:10:45 PM »
Because of the mis-treatment that I have received from some people concerning this equipment, I will not be relisting it. I will be destroying the equipment when the listing expires.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You make me mad and I'll take my football and go straight home!!.

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2006, 04:44:16 PM »
WTF is wrong with people, is $500 too much for a loaded Amiga 2000 with Phase 5 68060 card and 64MB of RAM?  I think that is a reasonable price especially if you want a maxed out Amiga 2000!  People should go to StarBucks and smell the coffee. People always want things for free. Well guess what, most of my collection is from ebay and I paid a lot for it and I never whined.   Get over it, nothing is for free.   This is a very sore subject for me so watch out!  lol  (Nickel and diming bids, shows people are cheap and want things for nothing)
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2006, 04:54:49 PM »
LoadWB wrote:

Collectors ruin things for those of us who want to buy reasonably priced equipment to USE, not put in a bleeping "museum."

I understand your frustration but if you want to buy a Commodore 64 to USE and not "Collect"  please consider buying a nice used one that is cheaper, rather than whine about the high priced Mint in boxed ones!  Doesn't that make sense since you will be using it and not storing it in a "Museum" ?  Also as pointed out that lot came with a 1581 which has fetched $100 to $200 alone.  Yes the price is a little high, but it has to.  It's all mint in box!  Why is that so hard to understand people?

Offline Olecranon

• Show only replies by Olecranon
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2006, 06:29:54 PM »

by TjLaZer on 2006/8/24 10:44:16

WTF is wrong with people, is $500 too much for a loaded Amiga 2000 with Phase 5 68060 card and 64MB of RAM? I think that is a reasonable price especially if you want a maxed out Amiga 2000! People should go to StarBucks and smell the coffee. People always want things for free. Well guess what, most of my collection is from ebay and I paid a lot for it and I never whined. Get over it, nothing is for free. This is a very sore subject for me so watch out! lol (Nickel and diming bids, shows people are cheap and want things for nothing)

No..  WTF is wrong with YOU people who would pay $500 for any A2000..  Or close to $800 for an A1200 accelerator for that matter (but thats a different thread).  :lol:

1994 called, it wants it's computer prices back.  Yeah, $500 is too much for a loaded A2000 computer (In my opinion).  It's like charging $25000 for a 15 year old, decked out Geo Metro.  A4000 systems rarely go that high.  $500 for the worlds fastest ZII ECS chipset machine, brilliant!  Just need to spend another $400-$500 to get a RTG graphics card, new roms, os3.9, and ethernet.  Then you can have a mediocre experience surfing the net.

No wondering there are people who make a living selling old Amiga computers on Ebay, they know some crazy person will overpay for anything.

Thats just my opinion though
 :-)  

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2006, 06:54:29 PM »
Well if someone wants a MC68060 accelerator card for their Amiga 2000 it is going to cost them.  In this case it comes with a fully loaded A2000 so I think $500 is fair.  If you don't then that is your disillusioned opinion.  Look at what Phase 5 060 card have been selling for and then come back.  You cannot compare 1994 CPU prices, the Amiga is a special case.   A 386 DX2/486 CPU or system cannot be compared to a 68040/68060 based Amiga, don't you know that?

Offline lopos

• Show only replies by lopos
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2006, 07:23:29 PM »

Olecranon wrote:

by TjLaZer on 2006/8/24 10:44:16

WTF is wrong with people, is $500 too much for a loaded Amiga 2000 with Phase 5 68060 card and 64MB of RAM? I think that is a reasonable price especially if you want a maxed out Amiga 2000! People should go to StarBucks and smell the coffee. People always want things for free. Well guess what, most of my collection is from ebay and I paid a lot for it and I never whined. Get over it, nothing is for free. This is a very sore subject for me so watch out! lol (Nickel and diming bids, shows people are cheap and want things for nothing)

No..  WTF is wrong with YOU people who would pay $500 for any A2000..  Or close to $800 for an A1200 accelerator for that matter (but thats a different thread).  :lol:

1994 called, it wants it's computer prices back.  Yeah, $500 is too much for a loaded A2000 computer (In my opinion).  It's like charging $25000 for a 15 year old, decked out Geo Metro.  A4000 systems rarely go that high.  $500 for the worlds fastest ZII ECS chipset machine, brilliant!  Just need to spend another $400-$500 to get a RTG graphics card, new roms, os3.9, and ethernet.  Then you can have a mediocre experience surfing the net.

No wondering there are people who make a living selling old Amiga computers on Ebay, they know some crazy person will overpay for anything.

Thats just my opinion though
 :-)  

Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. If you don't like don't buy it. :madashell:

Offline mpiva

• Show only replies by mpiva
    • http://members.shaw.ca/michpiva
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2006, 07:46:44 PM »
  I also think $500 is a reasonable price for that A2000 system.  I'd never spend that kind of money on an A2000 regardless of what's in it but I do think it's on par for what similar items are selling for on eBay.  Why should people be expected to GIVE stuff away on eBay?  He's obviously trying to reap some benefit from all the money and time he's invested into this system.  What's wrong with that?  If people are willing to pay what he's asking, then good for him.  The problem is, it's unlikely to sell with that starting bid and it's sad to think that such a nice system MAY go in the garbage.  The ironic thing is that he probably would have got the $500 (and possibly more) if he had a lower starting bid (and the $1000 BIN price just scares people away).
-- Michael A. Piva --

"In engineering, there is no single truth, no one right answer; there\'s a canvas, and you paint it your way, only with chips or gates or subroutines rather than actual paint. That\'s the Amiga..."
-Dave Haynie

Offline Rooster

• Show only replies by Rooster
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2006, 07:59:21 PM »
Again, I ask:   What do ya mean a "thrift store"? Names/examples.. Like Salvation Army store or something??

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
« Reply #44 from previous page: August 24, 2006, 07:59:47 PM »

mpiva wrote:
  The ironic thing is that he probably would have got the $500 (and possibly more) if he had a lower starting bid (and the $1000 BIN price just scares people away).

see thats the point. if the starting bid was 100 i would have put a bid on it right off. noone is expecting anyone to GIVE anything away but be reasonable. the entire point of auctions is to let the potential buyers set the price. if the buyers arent willing to pay 500 for it then in this auction it is not worth 500. im sick of people bringing personal stuff into auctions and stuff. im sorry that he is sick or whatever but what does that have to do with the auction. i do want a 2000 with an accelerator, but to me and many others it isnt worth 500. look how much interest there is in this thing . this guy would have had a bidding frenzy if the starting bid was lower.
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)