Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wanta a laugh? As-Is 64C system for $2,000.  (Read 4065 times)

Description:

Offline justthatgood

• Show only replies by justthatgood
Re: Wanta a laugh? As-Is 64C system for $2,000.
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 02:10:30 PM »
I use my 1581 as a bookend (yeah I got all my c64's taken away from me). Didnt now it was that special.
[color=008000]Pluto[/color]:Amiga4KD- 64040/16megs/1GB WD/PAR 2150/1942/WB3.0,3.1,3.9
[color=800080]Amanda[/color]:Amiga2KHD/A2620/8MegSupraRam2k/A2091/VLab

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 02:16:25 PM »

justthatgood wrote:
I use my 1581 as a bookend (yeah I got all my c64's taken away from me). Didnt now it was that special.

I'll give you $40 for the 1581 if it works and has a PS.

The 1581 used to get $200 on eBay a few years ago, nowadays it still sometimes gets $100. I got one recently for ~$50 on eBay.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 02:47:21 PM »
Oh come on you guys!. If you dont think $2000/$1000 is to high for these items then you must be the ones crazy enough to pay those prices.

I've got a mint Commodore Plus4 that I'll let go for $800

Any takers.

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 05:17:24 PM »
i dont think anyone thinks 1000/2000 is right the question is the 500 starting bid. on the 2000 i thinkk the 500 would be good as a buy it now. i would pay 50 maybe for the 64c. if i was in the market for a 64c, which im not.
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 05:28:25 PM »

TjLaZer wrote:
And the rest is mint in box, so $500  is about right for a true collector.

Collectors ruin things for those of us who want to buy reasonably priced equipment to USE, not put in a bleeping "museum."

I've had people argue about the price of items in the past.  Saying "well, I bought it for $x" or "it's worth $y".  BS - first off, I don't care what you bought it for... if it's yellow, has been exposed to the elements, doesn't have its accessories, etc., it's not worth what you paid for.  Secondly, it's only worth what someone will pay for it!

So, if someone pays $2000 for the 64C, it was worth it to them.  Kinda like the Toaster/Flyer boogiegail had up... it ended at $151, under the reserve.  Right now, it's worth $151, unless it gets relisted and possibly sold for more.

There's a guy out in the Crestview (FL) flea market with 22 ColecoVision carts.  Two years ago I offered him $25 for the lot... he says to me "well, I can't take less than $2.50 each, they were my own personal collection and I bought them all brand new."  Ummmm 20 years old, no books, no cases, peeling labels, and sitting in this open-air flea market for how long?  To this day, I believe all 22 are still sitting there.  To him, they're worth more sitting there waiting for someone who will give him $2.50 each, but until then they're worthless to anyone.

Offline pierre

• Show only replies by pierre
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006, 05:37:53 PM »
dude, consider this....it won't sell at that price, so relax and have a laugh...
Also, please nobody bid more that I am willing to pay, it messes things up for me :-D

Offline pierre

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 05:42:08 PM »
and no the collectors are not what messing things up... it happens to be whats keeping things alive... seriously 20 years after that fact we are all "collecting".  Sometimes they drive the price up for something you want, thats good for the vendor and honestly it does not happen every day, most amiga people are still cheap...

Offline LoadWB

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 10:12:15 PM »

pierre wrote:
and no the collectors are not what messing things up... it happens to be whats keeping things alive... seriously 20 years after that fact we are all "collecting".  Sometimes they drive the price up for something you want, thats good for the vendor and honestly it does not happen every day, most amiga people are still cheap...

I hold a differing opinion on this.  I believe that it US, the users who hold on to whatever it is about the computers that compels us, on which collectors benefit.  Not the other way around.  Were it not for people like us, much of the equipment would have been trashed a long time ago, thus driving the "value" up even more.

So, regardless of whether we keep or toss, the collectors benefit on our actions.

Offline c64_d0c

• Show only replies by c64_d0c
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 10:34:30 PM »
YOUR TOTALLY RIGTH... if it have only been these cheap {bleep} around here. all the stuff have been tossed along time ago!... and now the cheap {bleep}s cry when they say the prices becouse they tossed or gave away their c64 stuff...
________
Victorias secret gift card
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:02:39 AM by c64_d0c »
On schedule and rockin\\\'!!!1!!

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 10:36:43 PM »
Let me make myself clear that I was saying the starting bid amounts were ok, I never thought the BIN amounts were what they are worth!  I bet someone takes a stab at that A2000, not sure on that C64C lot beings it is over in the EU and our English friends are used to things being very cheap over there! lol
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline pierre

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 10:46:41 PM »
loadWB and all@
if you held onto stuff this long guess what!  you are a collector!  If you SAVED all this stuff then you would be the one selling it? right?  Just becasue you still use your stuff does not mean that you are not a collector (IMO)  
NOBODY is going to buy this unit at that price.. and if somebody did they would no be a collector they would be and idiot!  It almost by definition, if you are on amiga.org and look around eBay for amiga gear we are collectors.  it's o.k.
just don't outbid me and we are cool. (I want low prices too!)

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 11:12:38 PM »
better to be an amiga collector than in the amiga "cult"
nostalgic computing yeah thats ok
retrohightech

the coolest stuff is the cheapest because you can actually get it and not worry about breaking it. mint computers in the box in the original wrapping... sad ive seen some of that. i usually get a couple of whatever i get incase something breaks it can be replaced.... oh wait that makes me a pack-rat. :-D
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline nagaflas

• Show only replies by nagaflas
    • http://www.twitter.com/shaun_fossett/
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 11:14:07 PM »
Apparently the fellow with the $1000 A2000 with the '060 (and no monitor or software or manuals, BTW) has been receiving all sorts of mail concerning his pricing methods. I sent him one and here is the response I got:

mechanic_2 (103)
Positive feedback:  98.1%
Registered on:  www.ebay.com

Item: Amiga 2000, C= 68060 with 64 meg ram, 1 meg of chip (170020221606)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
mechanic_2 is the seller.
-------------------------------------------------------
Look, I've tried to be nice. I am very ill and I don't have the time nor the energy to keep reading and replying to your messages. If you don't like the price, fine, don't bid on it. It is worth what I am asking for it. Go away, and leave me alone.
rich

Offline LoadWB

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 11:25:07 PM »

pierre wrote:
It almost by definition, if you are on amiga.org and look around eBay for amiga gear we are collectors.

I collect Amiga and C64 equipment as much as I collect PC equipment.  I USE this equipment either in my own personal day-to-day, or to teach -- I find that these modern "technology" classes teach nothing about the logic of the system, rather they teach applications.

Mind you, a number of these types wind up being the bread-and-butter of my business (you know, the ones who can lay out a complicated Excel spreadsheet, but have to have "double-click" explained to them (true story),) but I would happily pick another career if these types were replaced with more saavy, knowledgeable, and intuitive types.

I agree that the start bid was not a bad price, though higher than I would need to pay, mostly because I already have a horde of a lot of that equipment so spares aren't an issue for me.  (Damn, computers get old!)  I've paid some stupid prices for things I need, and will probably pay stupid prices again.

In the end, I'm being a pedantic {bleep}, which may turn on me.  A collection is something "to be seen, studied, or kept together."  I would say that I definitely study these machines and encourage others to study them, ergo they are to be seen as well.

So, I should say that I do not collect for monetary value.  I collect for use and and practicality, the value of which are completely subjective.

And stay away from stuff I need or want, and we won't have any problems in these here auctions  :-D

Offline LoadWB

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2006, 02:50:49 PM »
Look, I've tried to be nice. I am very ill and I don't have the time nor the energy to keep reading and replying to your messages. If you don't like the price, fine, don't bid on it. It is worth what I am asking for it. Go away, and leave me alone.
rich

:flame::roflmao:

Excellent!

Offline Olecranon

• Show only replies by Olecranon
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 24, 2006, 07:40:10 AM »
I guess he doesn't understand that some people are actually trying to be helpful.  Its pretty obvious that he is out of touch with what Amiga systems are selling for these days.

He has now appended this to all of his auctions.

Because of the mis-treatment that I have received from some people concerning this equipment, I will not be relisting it. I will be destroying the equipment when the listing expires.

Dont send me emails or I'll throw this 060 board out this 3rd story window!  I'll do it!