Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OMG - he's at it again!  (Read 8054 times)

Description:

Offline BGary335

Re: OMG - he's at it again!
« Reply #14 from previous page: October 19, 2006, 09:59:20 PM »
No, but it doesn't entitle you to any protection either.

And it its extremely legal for Paypal to take money from your account. In essence, when you add a bank account to your Paypal account, it's collatoral. By doing this, you guarantee that even if Paypal has to go into your bank acoount all of your buying and selling expenses will be paid. It's Paypal and Ebay's way of knwoing that if you happen to owe money and have none in your Paypal account, they will still get what they are owed because they can remove it irectly from your bank account. It's as legal as a loan company needing collateral for a home or car loan. In essence it works exactly the same way.
PC Dude Computer Support-For help with all your PC issues!

Offline BGary335

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 12:37:10 AM »
There's no strict regulations like that. If you default on a loan payment, they can take whatever thay have to pay your obligation. It pretty much works that way with Paypal. Say the end of the month comes and Ebay sends you an invoice for yourmonthly sellers fee's. If they go to take it out of your Paypal account, but the money isn't there, they can then take it out of the bank account you've associated with it. Believe me, they've done it to me a couple of times.

Offline BGary335

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 01:39:32 AM »
I agree with you very much. I've gotten screwed several times recently with high $ items, but luckily I was able to clear up those situations without losing any money.

Offline BGary335

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 02:44:33 PM »
I would assume my experience is an indication that their rules have changed, wouldn't you? :roll: