Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OMG - he's at it again!  (Read 8034 times)

Description:

Offline keropi

• Show only replies by keropi
Re: OMG - he's at it again!
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2006, 08:59:16 PM »
it is funny to see what things he buys...

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2006, 09:18:22 PM »
gdanko:

I'm not that much of a bible thumper so that doesnt really do anything for me.  sorry.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline gdanko

• Show only replies by gdanko
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2006, 09:20:18 PM »

TheMagicM wrote:
gdanko:

I'm not that much of a bible thumper so that doesnt really do anything for me.  sorry.

Not trying to do anything for you. Enjoying the Bible does not make one a "thumper". You are stereotyping.

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2006, 09:24:32 PM »
I didnt imply you were a bible thumper, just letting you know I wasnt.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

Offline ricco32097

• Show only replies by ricco32097
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2006, 01:13:04 AM »
It is amazing how this freak can get away with selling on E-Bay.

Offline BGary335

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2006, 10:18:25 PM »
Neew here, just thoughtI'd add my 2 cents since I recently had an encounter with this creep. I bid on an A500 he was selling. At the time I bid it was selling for approximatly $25-not too bad. However, shortly after, I found another 500 selling for slightly less. Not only that, but it also looked like it was in better shape than the one RetroGeek was selling, and it also came with several accesories that his did not. Well, needless to say, I bid on it, and so needed to cancel my bid on the RetroGeek 500. It took an entire day of going back and forth with him via e-mail to get my bid canceled. Finally, with less than 30 minutes remaining on the auciton, he canceled my bid. Probably because I warned him that if he sold it to me he was going to get 0, whereas he could at least get something out of it from the runner up.
PC Dude Computer Support-For help with all your PC issues!

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2006, 10:40:16 PM »
@Bgary,

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd be forced to take his side on the situation you described.  eBay auction bids are a commitment to purchase and do not include the ability to "back out just because you found a better deal".  The fact that he let you off the hook is luck for you.

Wayne

Offline BGary335

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2006, 11:23:11 PM »
I'm not complaining that he let me off the hook-I'm complaining about the shady way he did it.

BTW, given this guy's knack for selling crappy stuff, how could you possibly blame me for wanting out?

Offline gdanko

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2006, 11:37:53 PM »
Maybe he needs anger management courses.. Or maybe he has Tourette's?

Offline BGary335

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2006, 03:38:37 AM »
You know what, I was just looking through my messages to Retrogeek, and I rembered that I didn't want out just to bid on another 500. I wanted out because I found out after placing my bid that he doesn't accept Paypal! I had no money outside of my Paypal account, and I told him that I wouldn't be able to pay if I won the auction. His response? Paypal sucks! Of course, I tried to explain to him the convienence of Paypal (especially for someone whose operating a storefront), but I'm sure it probably fell on deaf ears. Was I still at fault? Probably. I assumed that since he was operating a store he would take Paypal, which most do. But in my opinion he's at fault too because he asked for cash payment, and I think everyone knows that sending cash in the mail is not exactly the safest method there is.

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2006, 03:48:36 AM »
@BGary335,

Not trying to defend him.  The thought of me defending him is even humorous.  It's a simple misunderstanding.  In the original message I replied to, you simply stated that you had changed your mind.  If that were the case, I would stand correct.  Since it's not the case, I stand corrected.

Wayne

Offline A3kGT

• Show only replies by A3kGT
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2006, 07:06:06 PM »
I recently fell out of a job. leaving me really low on the green stuff. I had to sell off one of my most prized possesions. my Amiga 3000 desktop. 4megs ram on daughter board (please forgive me I don't know what one it was) 4 megs fast mem and 2 megs slow. 16mhz 030. nice box. but the power bottom assembly was a little messed up. Anyways It was on Ebay. RetroGeek messaged me. Saying that it was no where near what I thought it was worth. I paid 250$ for it back in '98. I was wanting to get something back from this Amiga. I needed money. anyways. I'll post up some emails this "retro geek" sent me.

Sorry for the Thread Jack. And lenghy post.
                      But I feel this has to be let known.

30024980793 - Amiga 3000 desktop 10megs ram 52megHD   Inbox
Add star  eBay Member: retrogeek001 Sun,
Has the battery leaked at all? Any discoloration or corrosion around the battery area of the motherboard? Is the case and chassis like new or do they have some rust or frosty areas in the metal? I live in Beaverton, OR, would you deliver the Amiga 3000 to my shop?
Respond to this question
Respond Now
Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.
Thank you,
eBay
Details for item number: 330024980793
Item title: Amiga 3000 desktop 10megs ram 52megHD
Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330024980793&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1
End date: Sunday, Sep 10, 2006 22:46:45 PDT
Marketplace Safety Tip Marketplace Safety Tip
Always remember to complete your transactions on eBay - it's the safer way to trade.

Is this message an offer to buy your item directly through email without winning the item on eBay? If so, please help make the eBay marketplace safer by reporting it to us. These "outside of eBay" transactions may be unsafe and are against eBay policy. Learn more about trading safely.
Is this email inappropriate? Does it violate eBay policy? Help protect the Community by reporting it.
Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:
http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial

This eBay notice was sent to volvo79gt@gmail.com on behalf of another eBay member through the eBay platform and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
Privacy Policy: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-policy.html
User Agreement: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

Copyright © 2006 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Trash this message | Show original

Add star  eBay Member: ds92570 Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 1:37 PM
Reply-To: damnstraight92570@yahoo.com
To: volvo79gt@gmail.com
External images are not displayed.
Display images below - Always display images from member@ebay.com
eBay eBay sent this message to Kevin Wettengel (volvo79242gt).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
Question about Item -- Respond Now
eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member through My Messages. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member directly and will include your email address.
- Show quoted text -
- Show quoted text -
- Show quoted text -
 Question from ds92570
ds92570( 179)
Positive feedback: 100%
Registered on: www.ebay.com
Item: Amiga 3000 desktop 10megs ram 52megHD (330024980793)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
ds92570 is a potential buyer.
- Show quoted text -
is this a 16mhz or 25mhz? Do you know if the battery was removed? thanks
Thank you,
eBay

Add star  George Campbell Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 11:42 PM
To: volvo79gt@gmail.com
External images are not displayed.
Display images below - Always display images from retrogeek001@comcast.net
If you bring the Amiga 3000 to my shop I would be willing to pay you $35 for it.  This way you do not have to worry about boxing it up and shipping it.

George
(503) 531-0481

----- Original Message -----
    To: retrogeek001@comcast.net
    Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:26 AM
    Subject: Re: Question for item #330024980793 - Amiga 3000 desktop 10megs ram 52megHD

eBay eBay sent this message to Donna Marsh (retrogeek001).
    Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
    Response to Question about Item -- Respond Now
    eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member through My Messages. Responses sent using email will go to the eBay member directly and will include your email address.
     Response from volvo79242gt
    volvo79242gt( 3)
    Positive feedback: 100%
    Registered on: www.ebay.com
    Item: Amiga 3000 desktop 10megs ram 52megHD (330024980793)
    This message was sent while the listing was active.
    volvo79242gt is the seller.
    Yes I would deliver it. There is some light discoloration on the motherboard. Battery is still good I think. But its just starting to leak I believe. I think You have contacted me before. I had my Amiga on Craigslist not to long ago.
    Respond to this question
    Respond Now
    Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.
    Thank you,
    eBay
    Details for item number: 330024980793
    Item title: Amiga 3000 desktop 10megs ram 52megHD
    Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330024980793&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1
    End date: Sunday, Sep 10, 2006 22:46:45 PDT
    Marketplace Safety Tip Marketplace Safety Tip
    Always remember to complete your transaction on eBay - it's the safer way to buy.

Please do not offer to buy or sell this item through this form without completing the transaction on eBay. If you receive a response inviting you to transact outside of eBay, you should decline -- such transactions may be unsafe and are against eBay policy.
    Is this email inappropriate? Does it violate eBay policy? Help protect the Community by reporting it.
    Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:
    http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial

This eBay notice was sent to retrogeek001@comcast.net on behalf of another eBay member through the eBay platform and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
    Privacy Policy: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-policy.html
    User Agreement: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

Copyright � 2006 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
    eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.
    eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

Add star  Kevin Wettengel Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 7:01 PM
To: George Campbell
35$ is way not enough. a guy in Seattle is willing to pay me 75$

Add star  George Campbell Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 9:11 PM
To: Kevin Wettengel
Did you inform him that the battery has leaked and discolored the motherboard?  Did you also tell the guy that the case is scratched on top and that no keyboard and mouse is included?  My offer still stands.  If the person in Seattle is stupid enough to pay you more, then you should sell it to him.

Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 7:01 PM
    Subject: Re: Question for item #330024980793 - Amiga 3000 desktop 10megs ram 52megHD

- Show quoted text -

Add star  Kevin Wettengel Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 7:25 AM
Ofcourse I told the other guy.  I am not a lier. I have seen these A3000's go for alot more on ebay in same or worse shape. I will not get ripped off.

Add star  George Campbell Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 11:49 AM
Is that why it only sold for $41 on eBay?  I will not be ripped off either.

Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:25 AM

- Show quoted text -

Add star  Kevin Wettengel Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 2:16 PM
I am sorry. But it did not sell... Maybe  you should pay a little better attention to detail. Sorry.
I would get a keyboard and mouse for my Amiga. but unfortunately the keyboard alone would cost me 40$ and a mouse is 20$ maybe. So There is no way I'll sell it to anyone for the cost of a keyboard or mouse. But if I could sell for the 75$ then it becomes worth it to me. You suck. the end.

Add star  George Campbell Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 11:44 PM
Kevin,

You are mistaken.  It would have sold for that amount if you did not have a reserve amount set.  So, your auction only proved that I am right and that your Amiga 3000 computer is not worth what you think it is worth.

An Amiga 3000 keyboard and pregnant mouse are worth more then the Amiga 3000 computer because they are much harder to find.  A bare bones Amiga 3000 is not worth that much.  Now, if your Amiga 3000 computer had Kickstart 3.1 roms, Buster revision 11, WD SCSI Chip revision 08, 16 megabytes of ZIP memory chips, and no leakage from the battery, then it would be worth between $100 to $135.  Also, the case on your Amiga 3000 computer is scratched.  This greatly decreases the computers value.  No keyboard and mouse also greatly decreases its value.

Actually, YOU SUCK !!!!

Sincerely,
Hans George Campbell
The RetroGeek

http://www.retrogeekcomputers.com

Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 2:16 PM

- Show quoted text -

Add star  Kevin Wettengel Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 12:16 AM

Dude. don't tell me how much my Amiga is worth. The guy in Seattle is going to buy it for what I had my reserve set for. He just missed his chance to bid. I really wish that you would stop low balling people on thier Amiga's. I mean is this how you get your stuff?
I have seen a couple A3000's go on ebay (DEAD ones mind you) for 50$.
Sorry Dude. No Amiga for you. Maybe I'll just tell the guy I sold it to the next highest bidder and just take an AXE to it. I have two A500's still in box with TV adaptors. Maybe I'll just throw them in the fire because I guess they are worthless because the casings is yellowed a bit. dang Junk..
*douses his amiga's in brakkleen and lights a match*

I will have pics to prove this too.. We'll see who's sorry then.
This is what happens when you low ball me.

Add star  George Campbell Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 12:51 AM
I am not trying to "low ball" you.  I am only stating facts.  BTW, Amiga 500 computers that have yellowed are junk.  The value of an Amiga is greatly reduced if it is yellowed.

I personally own 2 Amiga 2500s, 3 Amiga 2000s, 1 Amiga 3000, 2 Amiga 1200s, 3 Amiga 1000s, 8 Amiga 500s, and an Amiga CD32.  All of them are in pristine mint, like new condition.  I also have a whole closet full of Amiga boards, chips, drives, and some very rare Amiga items.  I also happen to be the owner of one of the few remaining Amiga dealers in the world.  RetroGeek Computers will continue to repair and support the Amiga and Atari ST computers for the next 30 years.  So, when it comes to the Amiga, you would be wise to shut your mouth and listen to what I have to say.  I actually do know what I am talking about.

Now, take your Amiga 3000 computer and shove it up your ass.  If you use enough Vaseline, it should fit nicely.

----------------
                  This ends the Emails that were sent.

that last one I sent was just me saying I would do that. I would NEVER actually do that.  And the Guy from Seattle. Very nice man. paid me what I was asking. I thank him alot. I needed the money badly. And I hope he's having fun with my old system.
3x 500\\\'s one works, other two were baught dead for parts. A2000 case only. and recently departed my struggle for a nice desktop. the A3000. Which RetroGeek tried to steal from me.

Offline gdanko

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2006, 07:15:27 PM »
Wow that settles it. He DOES get vulgar. Too bad.

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2006, 07:43:58 PM »
Ahh...delicious psychopathy.  And outright dishonesty.

If it makes you feel any better (?) then know that more than one niche hobby has people like this: you should see what the rare/out-of-print Dungeons & Dragons RPG trade is like! :-P  :roll:
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline BGary335

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2006, 07:47:19 PM »
He sent me ane-mail the other day regarding that A500 I almost bought from him. Oh by the way, the A500 he sold went for something like $75, maybe even more than that, and it was not in great shape. I saw several others in much better shape. anyway, back to the e-mail, he got very vulgar with me also, so no surprise there.

By the way, maybe it's just me, but I consider some yellowing normal for computers that in many cases are 20+ YEARS OLD!

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #59 from previous page: October 16, 2006, 07:52:45 PM »
:@ A3kGT

The return of Doomy! :lol:
I like Amigas