Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OMG - he's at it again!  (Read 7997 times)

Description:

Offline Plaz

Re: OMG - he's at it again!
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 10:23:10 PM »
people says they've called "her" and reminded "her" to ship the item

I have a male tenor voice, and have been called "mam" or "miss" on the phone before. So you can't be too sure. If Doomy is male, he probably enjoys the confusion. If Doomy is female, that make for an ever stranger picture for me. When things are slow around here, another Doomy thread is always a nice short diversion.

Plaz

Offline Wain

• Show only replies by Wain
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 09:27:06 PM »
The long running doomy account was originally called "Spenceranne", with many ebay transactions involving jewelry.  It was speculated to be shared by a girlfriend or wife.
Professional Expatriate

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 09:31:31 PM »
Wain wrote:
It was speculated to be shared by a girlfriend or wife.

:roflmao:

I say it was his mum's account :-P
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 09:34:37 PM »
@Leifern

He might be putting that picture on there for our benefit because every time he does an auction, someone on here posts a link to it.
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 10:16:55 PM »
While I understand the viewpoint that by posting these links, you're helping others to avoid doing business with him, the flipside is that you're providing him with free advertising and encouraging people to get ripped off by him.

I don't know which is the lesser of two evils, but I hate seeing him get free advertising on Amiga.org...

Wayne

Offline ricco32097

• Show only replies by ricco32097
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 10:53:40 PM »
I used to doubt all the rumors surrounding this person. Then one day, after being promised a free CD-ROM with some old software that he was going to throw out, he decided that I had to pay shipping and handling fees. I know shipping is not free, but a handling fee for doing somebody a favor. And to charge $20 for an old CD is really not a favor.

There has been too many bad experiences, and too few comfortable ones that I believe we need to stay away from this person.

I am with Wayne on this one. But I also believe that we need to warn everybody about this person and other scammers.

Offline WOWZER

• Show only replies by WOWZER
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 11:24:48 PM »
Unfortunatly being new or to be more precise, coming back to the Amiga scene. I probaly made a mistake by purchasing a starboard 2 for my Amiga 1000 from him.

Have not recieved it yet  :-?

Reading his feedback, there seems to be some issues with delayed shipping and other disputes. I was also concerned about buying something from him based on that picture.

As far as if "he" is a man or woman, there is a female name attached to his ebay name as well "Donna"
That was what was on one of the emails I recieved from ebay about my item
Hope I get it!

WOWZER

Offline Olecranon

• Show only replies by Olecranon
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 12:38:01 AM »
WOWZER Wrote:

Reading his feedback, there seems to be some issues with delayed shipping and other disputes. I was also concerned about buying something from him based on that picture.

The email I have for "him" says his name is George Campbell.

I bought a SupraDrive scsi A500 controller from him a little over a month ago and it hasn't arrived.  He's had the money since 4/26/06 (maybe earlier) and said it would be shipped out "soon".  On 5/17/06 he said it will be shipped out this week.  We'll see when it gets here.  I paid $10.00 for the item and $15.00 for shipping and handling  :roll:

In any event, he is slowwwwwwww.  If your in a hurry, look elsewhere.

Methuselas wrote:

I have to admit, it's a pretty nice 2000

Its OK....  Definately not worth the $152 it went for  :-o
I'd actually be surprised if this system had a hard drive installed.  He makes no mention of one in the auction ad.  If it had a hard drive installed, there would probably be another paragraph in the description explaining how the drives made in the late 1980's were made with high quality construction.  There is also no mention of any OS or Kickstart revision.

Someone probably paid $150 for a stock KS 1.3 A2000 that was blown out with canned air and cleaned with windex.

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 01:08:14 AM »
Hey, I'm not saying I would buy it, nor should anyone else. I know who Doomy is.   ;-)

I was just saying it's nice. A shame that it's in his hands. It deserves a better owner.
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Olecranon

• Show only replies by Olecranon
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 01:33:18 AM »
by Methuselas on 2006/5/19 19:08:14

Hey, I'm not saying I would buy it, nor should anyone else. I know who Doomy is.  

I was just saying it's nice. A shame that it's in his hands. It deserves a better owner.

I hear ya.  Some of the A2000's I've seen on ebay recently look like they've been sitting in a landfill for the past 20 years.

Offline Methuselas

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2006, 01:39:41 AM »
Yup. Being a former A2000 owner, that depresses me.

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 04:19:01 AM »
No offence to anyone posting in this thread, but I (yes, even me, who was once accused of being a 'doomy obsessive':lol:) do find  these threads  :horse:
I like Amigas

Offline Methuselas

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2006, 04:26:41 AM »
Who cares about Doomy? We all just want to get that A2000 to a good home and away from the evil that is.....

The DoomMaster.

:-D

OOps.. He did capitalize the 'M' in master, didn't he? :-o  :lol:

That and I figured he's got to have run out of Amiga stuff, by now? I mean, is he opening a portal that has an endless supply of mil-spec Amiga parts?

Could it be that the DoomMaster is actually a diciple of darkness and using Ebay as an excuse to get the addresses of hapless victims, to be used in a mass, ritual summoning of Yog Soggoth?

:idea:
 :-D

[EDIT] Oh sh!t! This was my 1001th post. I just hit Defender of the Faith and it only took me 4 years, 3 months and 3 days.

Damn....I'm slow.  :lol:

Offline Cyberus

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2006, 04:33:27 AM »
Well, have a :pint: to celebrate

any excuse for a beer!! :-D
I like Amigas

Offline Methuselas

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2006, 04:42:58 AM »
Actually, I'm drinking a margarita. ;)

CHEERS!

Offline Cyberus

« Reply #29 from previous page: May 20, 2006, 04:49:03 AM »
Well its 4.45 here in Blighty, so I'm enjoying a nice cup o' tea with milk (and I'm also wearing a bowler hat). Already done the 'drink too many ales after work, pass out, wake up on someone's sofa at 3am and walk through town in the pissing rain' routine. Yep, its nearly June and its raining :roll:

But I'll have a beer for you this evening :-D

p.s. I'm not really wearing a bowler hat, but I wish I owned one!

I like Amigas