Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A pulse from Amiga Inc! AI complains to eBay, pulls auction  (Read 5527 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
Re: A pulse from Amiga Inc! AI complains to eBay, pulls auction
« Reply #59 from previous page: May 08, 2006, 02:07:21 AM »
@Argo

I don't know if I can agree with you. It's probably not a popular view, but I think Buck should persue his right to damages. Putting aside all personal issues people have with Buck, as valid as they may be, Amiga Inc did not deliver DE(Which at the time *WAS* called OS4 as this flyer shows).

Let the egg throwing commence :egad:
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2006, 03:20:27 AM »
I don't know if I can agree with you. It's probably not a popular view, but I think Buck should persue his right to damages. Putting aside all personal issues people have with Buck, as valid as they may be, Amiga Inc did not deliver DE(Which at the time *WAS* called OS4 as this flyer shows).

Let the egg throwing commence

Damages?  What damages?  DEad has and is been a complete and utter disaster.  The porting of DEad would have ment nothing significant of sales increases, which means it didn't do much, if any harm to Genesi.  Let's take a step forward for the sake of arguement and say Genesi won damages against AI.  The only person going to win is Genesi's legal team with their fees.  AI owes lots of people already who are ahead of Genesi in waiting to get their court awarded monies.  

Raquel and Bill would be far better off using those tens of thousands of dollars and sink into a R&D Peg based on ARM.  Atleast they could find a decent embedded market to peddle their wares.

Dammy

Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline Lando

• Show only replies by Lando
    • https://bartechtv.com
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2006, 03:49:54 AM »

dammy wrote:

Damages?  What damages?  DEad has and is been a complete and utter disaster.  The porting of DEad would have ment nothing significant of sales increases, which means it didn't do much, if any harm to Genesi.

Maybe not having DE itself didn't affect sales, but Genesi also had the right to use the Amiga trademarks and logos in asociation with those products to which AmigaDE was supposed to be ported.  I think the lack of the 'Amiga' name on the Pegasos line certainly did reduce sales.

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2006, 05:05:51 AM »
Not to vent, but who really gives a sh!t about Amiga, Inc? They've done nothing, but ruin and destroy something that *EVERYONE* here loves. They piddled and frakked around with their stupid, crappy 'DE', ostracising the *ONLY* source of real capital they had, which was the 'Classic' users, as they put it.

There's no, new hardware. There's no Amiga Ones. Hyperion are sitting on OS4, refusing to release it, without hardware and I, for one, don't blame them. They put quite a few years into OS4 and from what I've read recently, haven't even gotten a response from A,Inc recently. Everyone here knows that Gary Hare, Bill McEwen, even Fleecy are pieces of crap, not worthy of carrying on the 'Amiga' name and legacy.

I would give just about anything to win the frakking lotto, so I could *BUY* the IP from Amiga, Inc, taking them out of the picture completely. They've tarnished everything I adore and admire about this OS and actually made me despise the Amiga 'platform'now. I have no faith in Amigas anymore. I just come here, mainly for you guys (and girls. No chauvenists we!) I've been on Amiga.org for 7 years now (Yes, I was here before the 'reboot') and it's people like Red, Dammy, Cyberus, Karlos, T-Bone, Wayne, Moto and several others that make me come back here.

F*ck Amiga, Inc. I wish they would hurry up and become insolvent, so the stain they've left upon the Amiga would fade away. :madashell:

I just don't care about them at all anymore,
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Skyrunner

• Show only replies by Skyrunner
    • http://www.amigathering.gr
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2006, 06:38:48 AM »
Looking at the pictures I can only think that Amiga Inc were complete retards... and their action with eBay verifies that.
What a bunch of crap.
...ride the lightning

Offline uncharted

• Show only replies by uncharted
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2006, 09:38:25 AM »

Marco wrote:

See, thing is this isn't really a concern, no matter how deluded AInc are, even they will be well aware that they can't touch AROS, it's a legal fact that you are allowed to reverse engineer proprietary software.

As the AROS team has no access to the AOS3.1 code,

It's even better than that.  AROS code was used in offically licenced Amiga products (OS3.9 and Amithlon/OSXL).  They would look rather silly suing a project who's code they had used themselves (though their contractors)

I'm pretty sure no one has access except those who originally made it and Hyperion, there's no risk of them falling into this legal pithole.

Er, not 100% true, it's a long story, best left in the past...  But the fact is it has nowt to do with AROS.

Offline Jupp3

• Show only replies by Jupp3
    • http://jupp3.amigafin.org
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2006, 10:07:21 AM »
They can do nothing to AROS.

Well they COULD start yet another "Get legal" -FUDcampaign like they did for MorphOS long ago...

But somehow I believe that it most people wouldn't really care about ANYTHING they say anymore (although at least I wouldn't mind seeing a honest "we've gone bankrupt" statement), and it would damage AROS much less than the earlier campaign damaged MorphOS (their reputation wasn't as bad as it is now)

But then again... Wasn't the original campaign aimed at no-one in general in the beginning? Just "to all parties concerned, get legal or get sued" without naming anyone particular...

Sure they added some fairytale stuff about stolen source code tapes, finding copyrighted code in MorphOS (even if it runs on completely different processor) later on.

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2006, 10:42:21 AM »
Well they COULD start yet another "Get legal" -FUDcampaign like they did for MorphOS long ago...

AI's only worry is DEad.  I'm sure they have given up on OS4 as a lost cause that will not generate them any revenue.  You can tell by AI's outreach to the Amiga Community on how much they give a crap, zero.  As for AROS, the sources are available for download, happy hunting.

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.