Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Doomy's back !!! And he's selling Atari ST's!!!  (Read 3272 times)

Description:

Offline MadDonna

• Show only replies by MadDonna
    • http://www.atari-forum.com
Re: Doomy's back !!! And he's selling Atari ST's!!!
« Reply #59 from previous page: August 27, 2005, 06:57:17 PM »
Lol,

Just discovered this thread. Doomy is for as I know the only one who is kicked of our forum. http://www.atari-forum.com.

Offline NoFastMem

• Show only replies by NoFastMem
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2005, 10:16:43 PM »
*sigh*

You guys give him the attention he craves, every time.
AKA that_punk_guy

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2005, 12:42:11 AM »
Well I think we should give the lad another try.  I just bought a monitor from him and it arrived no problems.  He does need to tone it down a notch though, and he can be a little sensative at times but you can't blame the guy for all the flack he is getting.  But overall he is great to talk to and debate with.  He does seem to know his Retro computer trivial too!  How about it all?

:banana:
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline amigean

• Show only replies by amigean
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2005, 01:13:15 AM »
I guess any 'true' measure of trustworthiness should extend beyond individual instances of 'good' versus 'bad' experiences...consistency is important

The fact that a couple of guys may have had good experiences in their dealings with a person shown to have deliberately conned a number of individuals, does not indicate a permanent change of attitude - and as such, Doomy, given his past record and his recent abusive, and physically intimidating remarks should not be worthy of an 'Nth chance'.

The guy is clearly facing some serious issues manifesting in his one-dimensional view of reality. His perception of reality revolves around strict and absolute hierarchies, of crappy, good, and best things - be they amigas (A1200 vs A2000), atari STs (STE vs MegaSTE), countries ('european quality', 'german' made) or even people. It is precisely this monotonic view of reality that makes him impossible to become sociable or, God forbid, reason with.

I reckon a simple algorithm could be devised to identify his posts and automatically delete whatever happens to be his latest alter-ego. Such a bot would be looking for contrasting superlatives followed by three word sentences. Mention of the words 'friend' (a friend of doomy's is an oxymoron), military spec, the phrase 'i should know', '4th class assembler' in close proximity should also raise red flags...

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2005, 06:20:24 PM »
LOL :roflmao:
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana: