Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Accessing FAT32 or NTFS partitions over 4GB?  (Read 643 times)

Description:

Offline JacobTopic starter

Accessing FAT32 or NTFS partitions over 4GB?
« on: August 05, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »
Hi.

- not really needed to answer my question-
I backed up all my data to DSS2 tapes 5 years ago, and have now restored it back to a IBM 22GB disk I brought used (my own old disk went up in smoke as with so many other IBM HD's, the only reason for getting at similar disk, was that I thought that I had made an image backup which needed the exact same cyl/heads/sectors, but then it wasnt)... well after formatting it to SFS 1.227 and installing TD64 LoadV43Module I tried to restore it with Diavolo 3.7 under OS3.1, but it was pretty buggy, but worked fine when using OS3.9

My question is: is it possible to copy my files from a 16GB SFS formatted partition onto a FAT32 or NTFS formatted partition (i.e. how do I mount a FAT32 or NTFS partition over 4GB .... can it be done with CrossDOS or MSD95 or is there another alternative, or none at all?)

also another question is ... how do I make the partition tools like hdtoolbox aware of the partitioning done by i.e. a x86 linux distribution ? should I change cyl 43800 to something below 1024 (hdtoolbox don't seem to like it very much .... when it passes 32768 (2^15) it makes a negative overflow (it seems it only have 16 bits to address all cylinders, and one bit is used for the sign which is ridiculous when there is no such thing as negative cylinders ;-) This seems only to happen when you drag the slider, not when you enter a number manually)

any thoughts on any of the above are very welcome.

And I can not stress enough how glad I am to see how many amigians are still active here

Does anyone btw have a compiled list of Amiga
 -sellers
 -repair facilities
 -sites
   -reviews
   -

any other that you can make up...

thanks for your time.

Best regards: Jacob Eskildsen