Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Where can I get one of the $299 cheap Pegasos boards in the UK?  (Read 2217 times)

Description:

Offline Warface

• Show all replies
    • http://www.spacehawks.hu

Ivan wrote:
>Anyone know how to?

You can't. They were canceled before they wen't on the market. All that were sold were preorders so they would know how many to make and they went to the truely gullible and to developers.

Strange. A friend of mine ordered his pegasos when those were already manufactured and available at the dealers. And received it a few weeks before. Just as simple.

Yes the first April chips worked but they didnt fix the Pegasos. The systems they already sold needed to be repaired with the April1.

You're clearly mixing things up, or it was just a wording mistake? "Worked", "but didn't fix", "needed to be repaired" - all concerning the same April patch. Would you mind clearing up?

That's why i called them alpha boards, not to be insulting but, because they were never fully tested before they shipped and had a number of problems. Then they had to exchange the chips again with the April2 and more people had to ship boards back. And it still needs more fixes, or they would have the G4 motherboards they told us we could buy.

don't wan't to take sides in a camp or anything but i'll mention it for comparison. There is another Arctica based motherboard out there with G4 cpus and the owners of these boards have all said that the bugs plagueing the Pegasos are not present on thier machine. So maybe an April3 will eventually get things sorted for the Peg. (and i really hope it does)

For your pleasure I don't have "issues" with my April 1 board in everyday use at all. But yes, I still believe there may be rare occasions when such things may occur, if it worth them manufacturing a new version of the fix and offered to replace the boards.  All this because am just an everyday user, and not qualified to discover hidden, or not simply obvious bugs, which most probably occur rarely. That much for your comparison, that "owners of these [those] boards have all said that the bugs plagueing the Pegasos are not present on thier machine".

I doubt you "really hope it" for some odd reason, I can't tell. :-)