Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / PP&S DoubleTalk Drivers
« Last post by clark on May 22, 2024, 05:46:09 PM »
Hi all,

I recently came into possession of two PP&S DoubleTalk cards.

https://bigbookofamigahardware.com/bboah/product.aspx?id=918

I can't seem to find the software for these cards anywhere...grandis.nu, archive.org...I've searched all over...

Is anyone here in possession of driver disks and/or manuals?  If so, I'd like to borrow them, and get them into one of the archives!

Thank you,

-Clark
Wow! Looks awesome! I wouldn't believe this was running on an Amiga! 👍🏻

Any plans to port this over for PiStorm use?

Cheers 🍻

Amiga Software Issues and Discussion / Re: HDToolBox
« Last post by kolla on May 22, 2024, 02:18:59 PM »
Yes, thanks! :)
« Last post by nbache on May 22, 2024, 01:54:09 PM »
Joan -> Joanne, actually. [/nitpicking]

Best regards,

Niels
« Last post by kolla on May 22, 2024, 01:46:16 PM »
The main difference between HDToolBox in OS 3.9 and HDToolBox in 3.2 is that they are written by entirely different people.

For OS 3.9, Joan Dow did a deep dive and created a new Reaction based HDToolBox and hdwrench.library pretty much from scratch, from what I understand. This HDToolBox supports ASKDEVICE tooltype which lets you pick which device it will use to scan for devices.

For OS 3.1.4 (and 3.2), the sources to Joan Dow's HDToolBox and hdwrench.library was not available and they (Olsen, I presume) went back to the sources of the 3.1 version, partly updating it to similar levels of the OS 3.9 one. But not quite, and certainly not without bugs.

So yes - keeping OS 3.9 HDToolBox and hdwrench.library (and resource.library) can be wise - especially if you have hardware that is slightly different than what's "mainstream".

And avoid HDInstTools.
Are you sure about that? Better discuss the matter with TCD. As he must get some incentive from Retro Passion to get people kicked off….🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyways. End of…….

Please stop trying to turn every thread with the words Retro Passion in it, into troll fest.
I'm on holiday and last thing I want to be doing, is on here sorting it out.
« Last post by Boing-ball on May 21, 2024, 06:53:16 PM »
Now calm down Sheldon! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Play nice with others. If you know the answers, then good for you. Direct that energy at helping the OP. 🤦🏻‍♂️
RetroPassion is not involved with EAB's operation nor does he own it.

Are you sure about that? Better discuss the matter with TCD. As he must get some incentive from Retro Passion to get people kicked off….🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyways. End of…….
RetroPassion is not involved with EAB's operation nor does he own it.
« Last post by kolla on May 21, 2024, 09:23:34 AM »
But if you stick to 512 max transfer with v 19.2 you are good. With BETA 20.0 you can go to 4096.

Block size - you mean block size, not max transfer.

PFS3always used 512 bytes block size, and support for 1k, 2k and 4k is indeed beta feature of v20.

Just make sure that max transfer isn't smaller than block size (so no less than 0x1000 when block size is 4096)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10