Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigawiki.com  (Read 427 times)

Description:

Offline WayneTopic starter

• Winning!
    • Show only replies by Wayne
    • http://www.whyzzat.com
Re: Amigawiki.com
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 14, 2015, 08:07:55 PM »
@JJ

I'm actually doing pretty well these days.  Played the "follow the money" trail when the economy collapsed in 2008 and ended up (now) in D.C. working on Intranet stuff for da gubment.  

It's funny that I ended up being a SharePoint Developer when I hate Microsoft so much, but here I am..

Don't really have much time for hobbies any more.  The most I've done recently is buy a Mac Mini, a few 27" monitors, and a 16tb RAID array for playing with video conversion.

I hover around all the old haunts (including this one) and all-too-often, I tend to be drawn in like a moth to a flame whenever flamebaite is introduced, but otherwise, I just sit and read...

Even building Web sites has gotten really stale for me.  I haven't even updated my other live sites in a few years -- which is shameful, but there ya go...

In regards to Amigawiki.com, Whatever Alx wants to do.  It's his baby...  All he needs to do is let me know when to unlock it, and to whom the domain is transferring, then we're golden.

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline agami

• Show only replies by agami
    • Twitter
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 10:41:16 AM »
I'd appreciate it if the other person(s) who have contacted Alex about the wiki to PM me so that we can make the most of a collaborative effort. That is, if they're interested in collaborating on this.
---------------AGA Collection---------------
1) Amiga A4000 040 40MHz, Mediator PCI, Voodoo 3 3000, Creative PCI128, Fast Ethernet, Indivision AGA Mk2 CR, DVD/CD-RW, OS 3.9 BB2
2) Amiga A1200 040 25MHz, Indivision AGA Mk2 CR, IDEfix, PCMCIA WiFi, slim slot load DVD/CD-RW, OS 3.9 BB2
3) Amiga CD32 + SX1, OS 3.1

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 03:37:55 PM »
Quote from: agami;787828
I'd appreciate it if the other person(s) who have contacted Alex about the wiki to PM me

Wouldn't it make more sense if you contact Micha? He's the one already running a full blown wiki, you know ;-)

He has registered here as "halbvier" two days ago but he can't post, because apparently your account has to be enabled by an admin and Trevor or Matthew didn't have time to do that yet.

His email address can be found here:

http://www.amigawiki.de/awImp.htm

Offline aGGreSSor

• Show only replies by aGGreSSor
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 05:51:43 PM »
Imho (russian speaking man) this site contains a lot of poorly structured information. Domain interesting, but the engine needs to be changed. It's important to keep the information. This is clearly copy/paste handmade. Domain can be redirect to other english amigawiki resource.
A1230@50MHz/32M/80G, Mediator PCI (S3 ViRGE/DX 4M, RTL8139), GBS-8200, AOS 3.9;
A2000@7.14MHz without all :laugh1:

• Winning!
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 07:12:56 PM »
It doesn't matter really whether another site currently exists.  What matters is making the best use of the domain, and it really should go to whatever party presents the best case scenario.  Otherwise, it's just a waste.

My opinion (which doesn't matter) is that it should go to a group of people who are willing to establish -- or create -- something for people of all languages, not just English, German, Russian, or whatever.  

With great respect to anyone already working on such a project, a single person who only speaks one language (maybe two) won't really do it justice for everyone, and it'll end up languishing for only a few to use.

I can say that, because it's to my lament that Amiga.org only really serves English speaking users.

Build a group, present it to Alx, he decides.  I go along with whatever Alx decides he'd like to do, but hopefully the domain will go to a person/group who will actively use it to build/promote a real repository of information that EVERYONE can use.
//* Signature Free *//

Offline aGGreSSor

• Show only replies by aGGreSSor
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 08:17:08 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;787839
My opinion (which doesn't matter) is that it should go to a group of people who are willing to establish -- or create -- something for people of all languages, not just English, German, Russian, or whatever.  

You're really right. But this idea needs money. Need an investor who wants to launder their money through it. Only then did the idea become a reality. May need to be activists who declare themselves on the Kickstarter. In this way no matter what can not be relied.
A1230@50MHz/32M/80G, Mediator PCI (S3 ViRGE/DX 4M, RTL8139), GBS-8200, AOS 3.9;
A2000@7.14MHz without all :laugh1:

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 04:46:47 PM »
Quote from: klx300r;787802
hey JJ I think ya got me & Mr. gizmo confused there;)

Dude so sorry about that.  Please except my apologies, will edit the post now :)
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

• Winning!
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2015, 01:06:40 PM »
Good morning guys,

As an update, I heard from Alex Whittaker (ALX) overnight and he/they have a plan.  I'm just waiting to hear from the new guys who need to create an account with a registrar (if they don't have one already), then reach out to me to unlock the domain, then they can initiate the transfer.

The migration of existing data is really up to Alex to release, and the new owners to integrate/implement.

Hope it works out well for everyone.

Wayne
//* Signature Free *//

Offline motrucker

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2015, 12:48:40 AM »
I was a bit shocked to see you pop up here. Good to see you. I am really sorry to hear about amigawiki - I am sure all of the infighting had something to do with their problems. That seems to be quieting down some (I sure hope).
So you're in D.C. now? You are sort of local then - I am still just outside of Annapolis MD. There are a few of us in the Northern VA, DC, MD area that are still on this site.
I hope we can all help Amigawiki.com keep going.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2015, 09:06:48 PM »
@ Wayne

great to hear it's back in good hands & thanks for keeping it within hands reach of our community

@ JJ

thanks
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

• Winning!
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2015, 06:01:02 PM »
I know!  I know!  Amigawiki.com -- a new how-to site for Spanish Lesbians...  :)
//* Signature Free *//