Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

ATX PSU to AT mobo converter
ATX PSU to AT mobo converter
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: I decided to ditch the original old AT PSU and install a 350W ATX PSU in my A4000T. This was fairly straight forward in terms of connections. Read more about this in the comments below...
Picture Stats:
Views: 765
Filesize: 121.27kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: X-ray at June 12, 2009, 10:14:21 PM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (2)

X-ray
November 22, 2009, 01:41:08 PM
Some pics for Nostromo:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...b/Photo059.jpg

X-ray
September 24, 2008, 08:22:16 PM
The only problem I had was that the power button leads (green and black) were a little short, and so they had to go through a drive bay alongside a 3.5" HD to get to the switch itself.
The PSU was £7 at the computer fair and although I had the converter already (can't remember how much I paid) I have seen others for a couple of quid at the same computer fair.

Be sure if you get one of these, to pay attention to which connectors you plug into the mobo, and where they go. On the A4000T the mobo is labelled where the P8 and P9 connector should go. I have purposefully secured the unused P10 connector in a way that prevents it being plugged into the mobo. I don't know if it would cause any damage but I'm not going to risk a wrong connection either for myself or whoever I may sell this Miggy to in the future.

By the way I am also using the switch on the new PSU, I didn't just detach leads from the existing switch. It is quite a bit more work to do this because the front bezel has to come off and so does the LED panel, when you change switches.