Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C64 games that were better than thier Amiga counterparts ?  (Read 8563 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fizTopic starter

• Show all replies
C64 games that were better than thier Amiga counterparts ?
« on: April 09, 2011, 04:10:47 PM »
I remember back in the day, and even sometimes still today that it wasnt uncommon for it to be suggested a C64 version of a game was more playable than its amiga counterpart. While I dont think it's as frequent as might be suggested there is no doubt some games where it is true.

For me, Creatures was better on the c64. There was nothing wrong with the Amiga version, but for no obvious reasons it lost the charms of the original. Armalyte I also thought was much better on the C64, the Amiga version looked ok, but played terribly. Katakis is another one that I thought the C64 version was much better. Not to say I disliked Amiga Katakis, but theyre quite different games, and I prefer the C64 game. StreetFighter1 was also much better on C64 than the Amiga. It was a little humble, but still played quite nicely. The Amiga version looked ok for the time, but was awful to play. Cabal was also much better on the C64 than Amiga in my opinion. For pure fun I actually like the c64 version above the arcade machine.

Anyone else have any they'd like to add ? I guess speccy/amstrad cpc/etc. as well if that's your kettle of fish.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fizTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: C64 games that were better than thier Amiga counterparts ?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 06:21:44 AM »
Ah, Turbo Outrun, dunno how I forgot about that one. Also SCSI (Chase HQ2) was better on the c64 than amiga (although it was almost good on the amiga I thought).
Thunderblade and Powerdrift I have to agree with as well (both Chris Butler games). Despite the hardware restrictions I actually like C64 Thunderblade above all other home versions.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.