Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Software that has moved to the PC (free and otherwise) that no one with a PC should be without  (Read 5253 times)

Description:

Offline tony23

• Show all replies
TvPaint now lives as Aura DV Paint, well at least some of the interface/ gui/ tools are exactly the same. Both programs are exellent IMO. :-)
Talk minus Action = Zero

Offline tony23

• Show all replies
@Stew
The new Toaster2 may be expensive but they are working on making it usable in a A4000 with Mediator, although the pc software will be unusable
the hardware will still work and once they get some amiga software written for it I'm sure you'd be able to also run it on AmigaOne or any other Amiga like platform given you meet the right specs. ;-)
Talk minus Action = Zero

Offline tony23

• Show all replies
Although these programs didn't start out on the Amiga the file type's did and I find them very useful when going back and forth between Amiga and the pc.The first is called WinAce Archiver it handles LHA archives on the pc and the second that I'm sure a lot of Amiga users are aware of is PaintShopPro7, it handles IFF amiga format pics. I find these programs very useful and use them alot. Does anybody know of other Amiga file type programs for the pc ?  :-)
Talk minus Action = Zero

Offline tony23

• Show all replies
@amigamad
"I stopped using winace after it kept saying all my files were corrupt i got winrar instead and download a patch to allow opening of lha files"

Cool, I didn't know about the patch for winrar. I'll check it out .Thanks for the tip. :-)
Talk minus Action = Zero

Offline tony23

• Show all replies
@ tintin
Quote...

"As far as file type compatibility is concerned Photoshop can load and save Amiga IFF just fine."

Well I don't know where I'm going wrong then because I just tried to open an Amiga IFF file in PhotoShop 7 just to see, and I can't see how it can be done.
in the...
(Open/ files of type: All formats) requester gadget, IFF is not listed, they have lots listed for your selection but no IFF , they do have TIFF listed maybe this is what your thinking of, and if there is a way to load IFF images into PhotoShop without first converting them I'd sure like to know how. I can't even see the file that I know is there. So how are you loading IFF's into PhotoShop ?
Talk minus Action = Zero

Offline tony23

• Show all replies
Hi ,Well maybe you could please explain how to load an IFF pic into PhotoShop7 when I can't even select the file. I'm sure I must be missing something here because I have an IFF file that I can load in PaintShopPro but in PhotoShop7  I can't even see the file in the requester.
So can someone please explain this ? The file does not show under ALL FILE TYPE's and there is no IFF selection when opening a file.
I'm sure there must be a simple explaination so if anybody can shed some light on this, I'd reallly be thankful. Thanks  :-)
Talk minus Action = Zero

Offline tony23

• Show all replies
Edit
Posted twice?
Talk minus Action = Zero

Offline tony23

• Show all replies
Hi , I'm sure you guys must be right about this but how do you get to load an IFF into PhotoShop7 ? When I go Open /All file type's I don't even see the IFF file that is there and I'm able to load it into PaintShopPro no problem and its not availible in the file type requester of PhotoShop either , IFF is not listed. So please, can someone tell me where I'm going wrong with this. Please  :-)
Thanks
Talk minus Action = Zero

Offline tony23

• Show all replies
Thanks Krusher, that explains alot . I thought I was going crazy or something. :-D
Talk minus Action = Zero

Offline tony23

• Show all replies
Edit>
It posted to wrong thread...
Weird ?
whoops not...
@Aegis, What I think Framiga was talking about was the Pal version. I can't comment on the Pal version though being in North America. :-)
Talk minus Action = Zero

Offline tony23

• Show all replies
Wow nice screen shot ! I'm jealous now, I've got an  A2000 toaster and it's still mega fun to use, I just love lightwave , maybe someday I'll be able to upgrade to VT2 or 3
Gotta save my penny's... Lets see... Aone, Peg and a new Toaster.... :-D
Ya , I gotta save some big bucks, but I know it'll be worth it. :-)
Thanks for the pic and the info on the Pal.
Talk minus Action = Zero

Offline tony23

• Show all replies
Hi  Tigger,

Please forgive me but I'm a little confused.

Was it TVPaint for Amiga, then TVPaint for PC, then Aura for PC ? or was it TVPaint for PC, then TVPaint for Amiga, then Aura for PC ?

All I know is that when I got myself Aura DV for my PC , I thought, Hey... wait a minute, this looks just like the TVPaint program that I've got on my Amiga !
 :-)
Talk minus Action = Zero

Offline tony23

• Show all replies
Hi Tigger,

Thanks for clearing that up, it's interesting to see the progression of the software from platform to platform and also how all the former Amiga software company's survived the hard times. Now, if we can just get them to come back and write some new stuff for the new Amiga systems.  :-)
Talk minus Action = Zero