Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: amiga running debian  (Read 1012 times)

Description:

Offline nadoomTopic starter

amiga running debian
« on: January 12, 2006, 01:16:53 AM »
hello all,

Im a long time amiga user, and have installed debian on my amiga 4000, could any one give me some help regarding installing X windows ? also does any one knwo what web browsers are available for m68000 linux?

cheers
?وإلل وإلل وإلل, وأت د وي هف هر ثهن

Re: amiga running debian
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 02:09:11 AM »
Well i got it sorted now, looks great with iceWM running, a little slow though.. does run mozilla tho! YAY!

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 02:31:27 PM »
I have an

A4000
Cyberstorm Mk1 68040/40 with about 72ish mb ram
Picasso IV
XSurf 3
Buddha

its usuable, i imagine with an 060 it will run great!

regarding the kernel crashing problems what command line argument are you using to launch linux? ill paste mine up here later, :)

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 02:58:12 PM »
I ran it in 16 bit but the colours seem to be messed up, in 8 bit it works fine. although its not perfect, when it comes to linux i am no expert, i still have to sort out the workspace size and other stuff, ill figure it out eventually

i was reading the documentation for CLGEN and he says in the docs that 16 and 24 bit are not supported yet, i dont know if this has changed since he wrote that but it isnt working for me.. only 8-bit

Matt_H
try booting with the amiga set to original chip set, i got some pretty screwy thing happen to me when i used aga (it worked in original), but then i changed the driver to clgen anyway