Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Donate to the Kickstarter Elite: Dangerous! and Win Lifetime Membership!  (Read 4246 times)

Description:

Offline Failure

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://awhitlock.net/
I threw money behind this on day one :-)  This was the game I most wanted to play on my Amiga 1200...which I worked all summer to save for, and ordered in 1994.  It was backordered...and then CBM went under.  After waiting months(!) the company admitted they couldn't get stock and refunded the order.  This was especially traumatic as I was living in Saudi Arabia at the time, and calling the Canadian vendor from there was an enormous pain in the ass.  I caved and bought a Pentium 66 (with the FDIV bug!) instead.

I found Frontier locally, unpirated somehow (99.9% of the software and books being sold in Riyadh at the time were pirated).  CD-ROM version which was bizarre as the game fits on a floppy.  It did have a 4+ languages on it.  Played it to death.  Still have it, box and all.  And First Encounters later on, CD-ROM edition with the incredibly cheesy FMV at stations.  And then various modernized unofficial remakes, jjffe, etc.  I read alt.fan.elite.  Then I signed up for the mailing list after frontier.co.uk existed, to no avail.  Then Facebook even later.  WHY U NO ELITE 4??  And finally the kickstarter.

I reallyreallyreallyreally want this to be funded.  I've been giving my 401k sidelong glances.
You can\'t spell evil without "vi"
AMIX Wiki | AmixBP

Offline Failure

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://awhitlock.net/
Re: Donate to the Kickstarter Elite: Dangerous! and Win Lifetime Membership!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 01:43:26 AM »
Thanks a lot!  Even better news is that the goal is within 75k, so it looks like the kickstarter is really likely to hit the goal.  Hopefully that means a new game in 2014!
You can\'t spell evil without "vi"
AMIX Wiki | AmixBP