Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Will Amiga OS 3.2 require a diff kickstart to 3.1.4?  (Read 7168 times)

Description:

Offline Pat the Cat

Re: Will Amiga OS 3.2 require a diff kickstart to 3.1.4?
« on: February 20, 2021, 05:05:30 PM »
I think the devs (God Bless 'Em All) are still working out what's needed, what's desirable, and what works in terms of all the "issues".

"Almost certainly" based on past releases but that is just my opinion and means next to nothing in this case.

I feel pretty certain there aren't that many issues, that is just my feeling.

Perhaps the devs want more people to report issues to check first. That's just a possibility (but it would help make a better release).

Even if they have identified specific issues, that doesn't mean they have tested, solid solutions for them yet.i

I have no idea whatsoever of what any specific issue is.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 05:12:18 PM by Pat the Cat »
"To recurse is human. To iterate, divine."

A1200, Vanilla, Surf Squirrel, SD Card, KS 3.0/3.z, PCMCIA dev
A500, Vanilla, A570, Rev 5, KS 1.2/1.3 Testbench system
Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline Pat the Cat

Re: Will Amiga OS 3.2 require a diff kickstart to 3.1.4?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 11:05:24 PM »
OK... Judging from that, the means to acquire the full upgrade can be done with software alone if you have lots of memory... but for best effect, get the Kickstart especially if you don't have lotsa ram.

What's this upgradable intuition.library? That intrigues me.

Anyway, I feel kind of compelled just do a purchase. The Amiga has given me a lot., Ocassionally earning a living from it.  I've tried to help other users as part of that.

Time to put some money Hyperion's way. I don't need it really... but I would feel better if I personaly supported the effort already put in to the current release.

Next payday, I'm not exactly rolling in moolah.
"To recurse is human. To iterate, divine."

A1200, Vanilla, Surf Squirrel, SD Card, KS 3.0/3.z, PCMCIA dev
A500, Vanilla, A570, Rev 5, KS 1.2/1.3 Testbench system
Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi