Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org - Ibrowse and Aweb support sucks  (Read 8405 times)

Description:

Offline GulliverTopic starter

Amiga.org - Ibrowse and Aweb support sucks
« on: October 20, 2009, 08:58:05 AM »
Hi, i am not trying to be troll. The thing is that the new amiga.org website redesign is very good. But, when viewed with my Amiga either on Ibrowse or Aweb, it looks really awful. I know changes were made to keep up with the times, but then as I browse other websites such as amigaworld.net and amigans.net i see they display pretty well on Classic browsers.
So is it possible for Amiga.org to get a little bit more Amiga friendlier? I really enjoy amiga.org but it is a pitty it looks like crap on Classic Amigas.

I hope you see it as positive critizism, nothing more than that!

Re: Amiga.org - Ibrowse and Aweb support sucks
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 05:34:41 PM »
Thanks for the kind replies. It is a pitty, but its the price of progress :(
Thanks Wayne for your response, and much more for supporting this site all over these years!

To the new owner of Amiga.org:

Please see the matter of applying code to support Classic Amiga´s browsers for further extending the userbase (at least a 2% of users, more if you take into account browsers spoofing).

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:22:56 PM »
@HammerD

I am with you on what you said.
I dont understand how come Amiga.org dont support Classic Amigas anymore whilst other PPC Amiga based sites do support them!

So from this Amiga.org change onwards, Amiga.org encourages original Amiga 68k users to buy a graphics card or complain to the browser developer?

If that is the case then i will be forced in the future to look for a site/forum that really does support Amigas. Because times will change, computers will get faster, new technologies will arrive, and my Amiga will be ruled out eventually from Amiga-like sites/forums as this one, but they dont understand i will still cherish my original old Commodore-Amiga, as religiously as a car collector treasures his Ford T model.

Note to myself: Ghz, Terabytes, multiple cores, memory protection, etc rule over an excellent old piece of computing engineering :(

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 04:05:30 AM »
@LoadWB

You are taking it out of context. To keep it small and simple:
How can an Amiga web site do not support Amigas?
Okay, if you have a really expanded one you can... but NOT an original Commodore-Amiga.

Website should then be renamed Amiga-like.org or Amiga-ish.org or even AmigaNG.org :)

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 10:25:47 AM »
So to sum up, upgrade or die :(