Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor  (Read 40965 times)

Description:

Offline Rob

Re: Lets talk about A1222 - Tabor
« on: October 17, 2017, 11:05:09 PM »
Quote from: kreciu;831800
If this gpu is "useless" and can't run even AmigaOS in reasonable way I would not bother in including it at all in this motherboard, but as usual not my choice to make.

The P1022 was chosen because it had audio hardware built into the chip which allows them to reduce complexity and cost.  The video processor just happened to be there as well.

It's not a good fit for OS4 unless you want to use the chroma keying feature for some industrial or commercial application so I don't even expect that a driver will be made for OS4 since.

The Radeon R5 230 seems to be supported now and is in the same price range as an HD6450 so I'd recommend the 230  which will allow the option of 3D acceleration if you later find a need for it.  I believe blender is the only serious application that currently supported 3D hardware.

Edit.

A list of supported cards is available here.

http://hdrlab.org.nz/projects/amiga-os-4-projects/radeonhd-driver/radeonhd-driver-hardware-compatibility/

Product codes for the specific cards are shown in brackets.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:08:19 PM by Rob »

Offline Rob

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 11:19:31 PM »
They bought 1000 P1022 at least before they produced the beta tester boards.  I don't know if they have enough to produce the numbers required to break even but if they manage to exhaust their own supply it may still be in distribution channels for a number of years yet.  Most large customers will have probably migrated to something else so hopefully if it does sell well (in Amiga terms) they won't have too much trouble sourcing more parts.

Offline Rob

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 02:11:49 PM »
@BozzerBigD

Why would we expect you to spend money on AmigaONE hardware when you won't even download a free to try MorphOS ISO for hardware you already own.   

Offline Rob

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 07:22:01 PM »
Back in March in a thread over at Amigans Matthew said that Hyperion were still yet to present him with an ISO for Tabor/A1222.

Offline Rob

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 07:31:35 PM »
They might not have all the hardware available to test if it works with Prisma so would probably rely on user feedback to know what's compatible and what isn't.  Since all dealers seem to be sold out, it's a bit of a redundant question really.

Have you considered calling them in the phone regarding the mouse switchers?

Offline Rob

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 09:40:34 PM »
Like I said earlier.  Try using the telephone.

Offline Rob

Offline Rob

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2023, 08:10:35 PM »
It feels like the P.A. Semi debacle all over again! They had to beg, steal and borrow to get enough PA6T-1682M CPUs for the X1000

At least they got a hundreds of X1000 boards and systems to customers before it became unsustainable. 

After hearing at Amiga37 that Jobs offered them 1700 PA6T chips if they paid up front, I think that was a real missed opportunity.  Same with them them not getting a whole run of the original Tabor at £300 a board and keeping them in storage until the OS was ready.

If the A1222 Plus had been delivered in a timely manner I don't think ACube would have stepped in with the Sam460LE!

Shame that Sam460 in some form hasn't been available the whole time.