Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: THE worst Amiga games?  (Read 8411 times)

Description:

Offline NickTopic starter

• Show all replies
THE worst Amiga games?
« on: February 24, 2003, 11:24:12 AM »
Hello

What do you think are THE very worst games for the Amiga? I mean commercial stuff. If we went into PD stuff we`d endup with THE biggest thread ever. :-)

Though I haven`t played it much (for obvious reasons), I`d say The Addams Family. This has to be the worst excuss for a game ever made. I have it boxed and everything. It came with a few other games when i bought a load of Amiga stuff for £20. No graphics, no apparent playability and no point.

• Show all replies
Re: THE worst Amiga games?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 03:39:43 PM »
This may be controversial, but did anybody ever play Star Lord? That has to be my most disappointing
game. I remember going into a computer shop and buying a random game which looked OK. What a waste
of £10. Parts of it seemed to make no sense at all. Though the space strategy bit was OK. Not enough
to warrant £10 though. Microprose didn`t do them selves justice in my opinion.

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 12:17:50 PM »
Hehe I`ll fold on The Addams family...I won`t play it, probably, but my first impression wasn`t good.

@Mike_Amiga

Odyssey was a damn good game. I loved that game. Only wish i could buy it. I haven`t played it enough to get very far on it, but its great.

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2003, 10:59:10 AM »
Hehe this has been interesting.

There seems to be a very simple formula to creating a truely awful game. Just include one or more, of the following, in differing amounts.

-Film/TV license
We all like to watch a film, and would like to be able to interect with those charcters and do what they did. We don`t mind that the game is a sloppy game do we? I mean, we don`t mind that the game was only made fo the money do we? :-)

-Very short
Who needs a game which goes on for hours? We only want to get to the end anyway. This is not short, its efficient. :-)

-Impossible to do
Who needs an easy game. Gamers nowadays want a game which is a challenge. If its impossible its the ultimate challange. What a game! :-)

-Annoying/bad music
If the game is annoying then why not make the music match?

-Annoying/bad graphics
If you want the game to be out in time for the date we gave you 5 years ago the games developers should be allowed to miss out something surely :-)

-Really bad port
We all like the bad graphics of the C64 don`t we, so why change it? :-)

-Bad physics
Who needs realism? This is a flight sim, its not real? :-)

-Unresponsive
Gamers don`t have very good reactions so we have to allow for this by making the game very slow and unresponsive. :-)

Keep`em comin. This is quite funny, to find out just how many stinkers theres been. :-D