Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How to create a fast (but stable) OS3.9 AGA setup  (Read 43690 times)

Description:

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
Re: How to create a fast (but stable) OS3.9 AGA setup
« on: February 10, 2011, 05:08:07 AM »
Hey Amigadave + others

So can anyone report their finding with Cybergrafx4 AGA driver please? is it better than the commodore driver? ?

btw cool thread :)
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 11:17:34 PM »
Quote from: Minuous;535106

I did this a few years ago, actually, and AmiKit decided to cause lots of dramas for everyone, getting various people's sites shut down left and right even after the Kickstart was removed. (Including, as it turns out, a medical forum, etc. ie. stuff which had nothing to do with Amiga.) He sees himself as some kind of "Cloanto representative" since he is getting paid by them to shut down sites.

Umm considering that Cloanto paid good money for the rights to the kickstarts they have every right to shut down sites that give them away.  So if by "drama" you mean punishing people that are freely distributing copyright materials then sure...

I like everyone else would like free kisckstarts. One of the main features of Amiga Forever is that it comes with kickstarts. I even used my CD with OS 4.1 u4 and the built in Run UAE.

Great thread btw
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Offline magnetic

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 12:05:24 AM »
Crumb

Interesting post. I disagree with the part about magic workbench on ocs/ecs. MB works very well for me with lower speced machines..
What about the new MK2 modes like Superplus and those? How fast is chipmem access?

And the most important question why do you have an avatar with Satanic imagery? Thats quite offensive and i'm sure against the TOS
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz