Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Moo Bunny is dropping Amiga content , going to iMac.  (Read 9318 times)

Description:

Offline Blitter

• Show all replies
Rant on!

Personally I think this news/thread item is mute.  We can not speculate on waht OS 4 will or won't be.  Threfore what was posted on Moobunny is true in the sense that nothing had truely been release yet, with the exception of a very cut back game orientated version of the DE( ala AmigaAnywhere)

I'm not disagreeing that OS4, if and when released, will be faster from a user stand point, but what about the features... will we have drag and drop cut and paste abilites, like that of Opus?  We still don't know.

Even then Opus is limited in that forum.  Are they extending it... we don't know.  Now for the biggest question of all... with all my negative remarks.

Will I purchase an A1 $50 coupon??? Well, yes... I already have.  And here's why.  I will gladly give up 50 bucks if it means I can purchase a new HW/SW solution that runs the AmigaOS.  That is really what drew me to the Amiga in the first place.  I like having a RTOS(well almost in the first conception and beyond).

I like feeling like I am doing so much that my mind can hardly keep up.  Yet the user inteface never faulters.  Nothing like prioritizing the user input/results above all else.

Now as a programmer, yes I want Memory protection, polymophism, inheritance and etc.  but at what cost do I want them??  Well I for one can work and compile speedy code without them.  The only benefit that I gain really from said above is the ability to do RAD.  Well, I'm ot a RAD type person even though I develope RAD software(internet applications) for a paycheck.  Still I pay close attention to variable assignments, memory useage, sql indexing and etc.

So, well I have forgotten my point.   But none the less I will support the Amiga commnity as it was what taught me right.  College sure as hell didn't.  They were still teaching top down coding methodiligies afeter I had aleady had 10 years of event/object orientated methodologies.

Rant off!

Blitter
\\"What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?\\"
- Dark Helmet