Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weeee, got me a Dreamcast.  (Read 3655 times)

Description:

Offline Wibbly

• Show all replies
Re: Dreamcast, what's the going rate for em.
« on: July 26, 2004, 09:54:39 PM »
I got my DC first day they appeared for sale in the UK. I bought that boxing game (can't remember what is was called now, but it was fairly amusing), Sonic Adventure and something else not noteworthy as well as a second pad and two vmu's.
The boxing game tided me over until Soul Calibur, and it wasn't until SC2 came out on the other consoles that I think anything came close. I loved VF4 on PS2, but SC on DC ruled, way better than any of the Tekken series to emerge on PS2.
Sega GT had some nice features, and the graphics, whilst not GT3 on PS2, were good enough to please. If only the cars handled like the GT series on PS1&2. I liked Le Mans 24 Hr on DC also, that and Daytona were MILES better on DC than any other platform.

I for one was sad to hear that Sega were chucking in the towel with DC. I heard they sold many more units than expected, and would have thought for that reason alone it was worth keeping up with. With titles like Soul Calibur being so impressive, I'm sure programmers could have optimised code to bring us a GT3 rival and other great titles. Sure the PS2 was technically superior, but not to the extent that the DC couldn't have it's own unique and impressive titles. My PS2 however killed my DC, as Sega GT just wouldn't drive well, and I HAD to have GT3. If I hadn't been short on cash at the time though, I would have LOVED to keep my DC. I had my PS2 almost a year before I finally got a decent beat 'em up to play (VF4)

These days however, I spend inordinate amounts of cash on my PC, just to play games with a half decent frame rate. Don't you love the fact that you don't have to worry about having a $600 graphics card and a $700 CPU in your console just to play the latest releases?
Still, my WinUAE 128MbRam 32MbPicasso96 AHI Amiga kicks the poop out of my Real Amiga, and games that don't like my expanded real thing, can usually be played on WinUAE by making a few keypresses to disable what I don't like. All except Capital Punishment. Why the hell won't that work on either? I bought the game in a sale 2 years ago, and still to this day never played it :'(  My A1200 is wired all over the place (with much soldering) so NO!! I can't just remove the expansions