Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 7633 times)

Description:

Offline hayashiTopic starter

• Show all replies
    • http://www.d-linc.co.uk
Windows 7
« on: October 22, 2009, 07:09:20 AM »
So... it's finally turned up.

Anyone here going to make the upgrade? I won't be; Linux and AmigaOS3 do pretty much every task I could want from an OS, and the only semi-functional Windows computer in my room is my Windows 98 retrogaming machine that I slightly messed up when I moved it to a new case. I hate Windows and all it stands for, and the only reason I'd buy 7 is if I desperately needed Windows and it suddenly crashed in price to be cheaper than XP.

And what the hell's with Microsoft throwing their crappy Ribbon UI around everywhere? To me, all Ribbons seem to accomplish is cluttering up the user interface, taking up a ridiculous amount of the screen, and cause users to have to wade through tons of irregularly laid-out tabs in order to find what in a toolbar system would be in plain view and (eg in previous versions of Office and IE) could be reconfigured into a layout that suited the user. It's like replacing a toolbox with a filing cabinet holding all the tools, and, in my opinion, it therefore ruins the desktop metaphor. (Who puts tools and only tools in a filing cabinet?)

One-man launch unparty time, I feel.
[UK] A1200 with 2GB hard drive and Apollo 1240 040/33MHz/16MB FastRAM | A500+ with trapdoor memory upgrade and A520 modulator and no battery or power supply

Floppy Drive Grim Reaper and DPaint lover