Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weeee, got me a Dreamcast.  (Read 3627 times)

Description:

Offline kd7ota

• Show all replies
    • http://www.qrz.com
Re: Dreamcast, what's the going rate for em.
« on: June 06, 2004, 07:44:56 AM »
Wow,

I think I have to be the biggest dreamcast fan ever!  :-D

As of today I am amazed how Soul Calibur was made possible on the dreamcast. Gfx are just killer amazing!  :-)

But enough of my blabbing.. Dreamcast's are usually under $50 each anymore.  Definately worth the money if your looking for a few fun games or are just curious of them.

I currenly play Phantasy Star Online for the PC 'ONLINE'

*Yes, for those of you who dont know, SCHTHACK made his own private servers and works great.  :-D *

But I also want the Dreamcast version of PSO because you can play it online along with PC users.  THere is a bit trick behind it for the dreamcast, but its possible..

Broadband adapters go for a ridiculous prices right now since they are near impossible to find, but if you are hardcore enough and really need it, then it would be worth buying.

Dreamcast lived its life, but to me, it still rules any other console.  :-P

Cheers@
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline kd7ota

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 05:01:42 PM »
Yea,

It was too bad that the dreamcast had to go down, but no worries though, I like to go to Electronics Boutique and buy the Dreamcast games there. They are still ranging from $5-$15.  Yea, you can download the games and still play them, but you gotta keep in mind that it STRESSES THE LENS.  :-) So when possible, just buy the Original copies.  :-D

Yea, i am also considering trying to get a hold of a broadband adapter.  I just want to play PSO,but then if there are other neat tricks you can do, then I would also do that. Just hope I run into one in person.  :-D

Whatever you do, just get it and be happy.  Dreamcast still has lots of great games and still will be awsome.  :-D
-=-=-=-=-=-

Offline kd7ota

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 05:04:10 PM »
@Fuzion

Not sure if your remember me, but im that person in IRC many months back in the name of DOFFO..... Does it ring a bell?  :-)

If not, sorry, I just have been busy too much to be on IRC lately.  8-)
-=-=-=-=-=-

Offline kd7ota

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 06:58:56 PM »
Woo! Yet another thread for a Dreamcast!  :-D

*Rants that I'm the biggest Dreamcast Fan*  :-D

Anyways, here is a few things u guys owning a dreamcast and burning the games should know.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
The type of CDRs you are using to burn MATTER. For instance, the cheapo brands never ever work. Sure they boot, but after awhile, the Lens SWEAT it and start to wear out when its difficult to read the CDs.....The best brand I bought to burn Dreamcast games with are the

MEMOREX Cool Colors CDRs....

They work fantasic and it puts less stress on the Len's for loading times and works the best.  :-)

If U do happen to have a new dreamcast and burn games, sure its going to play any CDRs just fine, but after awhile, its gonna strain the Len's, so use them dark-dye colored CDs to burn them with.
-=-=--==-==-

So all n all, the dreamcast still rox the house.  :-) I liked everything about it and as of today, i still wonder how that Soul Calibur game was done. Such amazing graphics and get NO SLOWDOWN>  :-D But enough, hope u have your fun owning a dreamcast.  :-D
-=-=-=-=-=-