Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weeee, got me a Dreamcast.  (Read 3576 times)

Description:

Offline Targhan

• Show all replies
    • http://www.geocities.com/targhan_aga
Re: Dreamcast, what's the going rate for em.
« on: June 06, 2004, 05:08:28 AM »
Sonic Team (Sega) released a special edition of PuyoPuyo for Dreamcast a few months ago, and there are still some third party companies creating JP releases.  Also, a homebrew recently became a commercial title.  There is still a bit of life left in the old girl, and with a boot disk--one could catch some nifty re-releases coming out of Japan.

I've used several of the emulators for the DC, and have been pleased. Since I'm big into fansub anime stuff, DCDivX is my preferred method of getting digisubs to the television.  (The big thing on fansubs is to remember to STOP distribution if a title becomes licenced! It's the golden rule.)  DCDivX is great, since a thirty minute animation can be squeezed down to ~60M.  With the player, boot images stuff, and menu art--the disk can usually hold about 4.5 - 5.5 hours of video on a regular 700M CDR!

Finally, there is a VERY NICE zone-free VCD player (includes mp3 player) with remote for the dreamcast (commercial).

The Dreamcast is this generation's Amiga. (Died before it's time, and has a strong loyal following that will not let it just vanish.)
Regards,
Targhan