Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help with C? I have a simple(?) problem.  (Read 2269 times)

Description:

Offline FluffyMcDeath

• Show only replies by FluffyMcDeath
Re: Help with C? I have a simple(?) problem.
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 25, 2008, 12:34:19 AM »

SamuraiCrow wrote:
C on the C64/128 is a waste of time.  If you want results, you end up having to rewrite code in Assembly langauge anyway.  :-(

What a strange comment. If by "results" you mean hand optimized assembly code, then yes. If, on the other hand, you mean something more along the lines of port pre-existing blocks of codes and routines already written in C to your chosen platform then we end up with a very different metric to judge C by.

C is a very good compromise between small relatively quick code and human read/write-ibility for small platforms.

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
Re: Help with C? I have a simple(?) problem.
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 01:51:45 AM »
I'd find a good 65816 simulator. There's bound to be a package out there somewhere, probably not for free, that combines a C compiler (with standard library), assembler, and simulator. Something like the stuff available at http://www.avocetsystems.com/company/search/search.php?chip=65816.

I don't believe a 65816 target exists in the latest gcc, so a Linux solution, let alone an open solution, probably isn't an option. Maybe some Apple IIgs (?) folks would have a few pointers.