Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The death of gaming consoles?  (Read 7070 times)

Description:

Offline KesaTopic starter

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
The death of gaming consoles?
« on: February 13, 2013, 10:21:47 AM »
Does anyone else think the upcoming consoles from Sony and Microsoft are going to be the end of gaming consoles as we know it?

My predictions for the next 5 years are this:

Consumers will get sick of being controlled by tech companies like Sony and Apple and will start demanding gadgets that put them in control. I think Microsoft are playing a dangerous game by requiring the Xbox720 to be constantly connected to the internet with the aim of locking each individual game to each individual console. I also predict Sony will try and do something similar and this will cause consumers to jump ship or remain with their current consoles. This includes me.

People will start wanting more upgradeability than the option for memory expansion.  

I think overall there will be a pendulum shift in the market and i think there could be a new market opening for a open platform like the Amiga 1200/CD32. I mean, look at the extent the A1200 has be modified beyond its original design. Same with the CD32 with the SX32. Compare this to the PS3 or any tablet. The future is an open design not a closed one.

What does everyone else think?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.