Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SAM 440ep machine - price/interest check  (Read 662 times)

Description:

Offline DuceTopic starter

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
SAM 440ep machine - price/interest check
« on: December 02, 2012, 08:15:22 PM »
Just a pricecheck/interest check, as I am considering selling this in order to pick up a SAM 460 mobo.  Will provide photos of the machine if there's any interest.

System:

ACube SAM440ep motherboard
512 MB installed
No add on graphics card included, but there's a slot available of course.  Said motherboard has onboard graphics.
2x - Patriot SATA-II SSD's, 32 GB each.  Currently setup as 2 volumes with a 1 gig swap partition, 1 32 GB DH0:, the other 32 GB as DH1:
SATA DVD-RW
Case and PSU:  http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4627627&CatId=3429

Comes with IO backplane, which I haven't gotten around to installing yet.  Comes with OS manual, but it's a bit tattered.  OS is registered to myself and I would obviously arrange for said OS license to be transferred to buyer.  Case is nothing fancy, but small and quiet, can be used either horizontally or vertically with included removable base feet.

System is in mint shape and runs a dream, boots up in seconds flat.  Super peppy for a lower end SAM board due to the SSD's.  Location is Canada, if I sell it I'd prefer to only sell within North America.  Runs absolutely flawless, have original motherboard packaging if buyer wanted it.

No additional software included - will be keeping Cygnus ED and the other programs I've purchased for it for the new machine.

WILL NOT PART OUT
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 08:26:25 PM by Duce »

Offline Akiko

• Show only replies by Akiko

Offline Rob

Re: SAM 440ep machine - price/interest check
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 09:04:43 PM »
@Duce

Having read your post and the description in auction Akiko posted I have a question.  Is there some secret code whereby you must never have fitted the backplate before selling your Sam440 system? ;)

Offline DuceTopic starter

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
Re: SAM 440ep machine - price/interest check
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 09:45:43 PM »
Heh, sort of.  It's a bit of a non standard IO plate in the fact it won't fit in many off the shelf cases.  Doesn't have the usual lip to clip into the case IO space, and I simply haven't bothered rigging up a custom solution for it yet.

It's a nice IO plate, laser cut and etched - but completely non standard to any other IO plate I've ever seen.  It's entirely flat on the face and entirely missing the little "lip" that should clip it into the case IO space.