Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Viva Amiga Documentary - Pre-orders and donations officially being accepted NOW!  (Read 38785 times)

Description:

Offline hishamk

Re: Viva Amiga Documentary - Pre-orders and donations officially being accepted NOW!
« Reply #59 from previous page: July 06, 2011, 08:35:27 AM »
I'm a backer too.

Can't wait for this. Looks great.
2x A1000, 2x A2000, 1x A3000, 4x A1200, 3x A500, 1x CDTV, 1x CD32, 2x Pegasos II, 1x EFIKA

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by rvo_nl
Aargh I have totally missed this thread! Ofcourse I will show my financial support. And Im just wondering, is there a list of features the documentary will have? Will there be some focus on the development in the last 10 years, the demoscene, etc?
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1

Offline hardwired

• Show only replies by hardwired
    • http://aros-wandering.blogspot.com/
Quote from: rvo_nl;648387
Aargh I have totally missed this thread! Ofcourse I will show my financial support. And Im just wondering, is there a list of features the documentary will have? Will there be some focus on the development in the last 10 years, the demoscene, etc?

Just check the videos:
http://aros-wandering.blogspot.com/2011/06/viva-amiga-documentary.html

And the main web-site:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vivaamiga/viva-amiga-the-documentary-film

Your donations will enable us to complete the film. Here are some big  names that we've already filmed so far:
 Jeff Porter - Former Commodore Engineer - in charge of  hardware develepment. He gave us the 500.
  Dave Haynie - Former Commodore Engineer -  best known for the  Amiga 3000. He shot the infamous "Deathbed Vigil" video.
Bil  Herd - Former Commodore Engineer, Principal Enginneer on the  Commodore 128 and others...
Andy Finkel - Former Commodore  Engineer - software
Jason Scott - Computer  Historian, Writer (www.textfiles.com), and  Filmmaker (BBS - The Documentary, Get Lamp)
 ...and several other important Amiga journalists, scenesters and  engineers too.
Oh yeah, let's not forget about the kick-ass  soundtrack being composed by Amiga mod scene musician ZoĆ« Blade!
http://zoeblade.bandcamp.com/
 So now...
 RJ Mical, legendary video game industry pioneer, Workbench  designer, and part of the original Amiga design team, has just signed on  to be interviewed. We need some cash to get to Silicon Valley to shoot  his segment.
 Eric Schwartz, well-known Amiga animator, will appear in the  film as well. He has also offered to do some special graphics for the  film. You can help me pay to fly him out to our studio!  You know, this  guy...
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mg6wrYCT9Q
 We've got some shoots planned in Northern Germany and London right  now, and we will use the money to get there. We feel that it is  essential for Europe to be well-represented in the film, as Europeans  embraced the Amiga so heavily. We could also use some camera gear of our  own - all gear has been loaned to us thus far. Your money will go  towards that as well.
 Also, everyone is working on this film for free so far. Noone expects  to be paid, really, but I know for a fact that you get what you pay  for. I'd like to be able to pay my talented composers, designers,  animators and fact checkers for their excellent work.

I guess this pretty much sums it up...

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
Thanks, that sounds great! Although TBH it doesnt really look good.. more than 5000 in just 2 weeks and no way of lowering the goal :/
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
almost 21.000.. its going to be close! For those that didnt know: you will only be charged if the goal is reached on the specified date. therefore its perfectly 'safe' to participate.

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
me again. its really good to see the goal is already met.

that will be all :)