Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A1200 Flash is here!  (Read 4800 times)

Description:

Offline TribbleSmasher

Re: A1200 Flash is here!
« on: April 17, 2021, 01:36:16 PM »
Interesting video. He seems to struggle a bit with 'the expansion card' doesn't really have a name.

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 01:03:55 PM »
@amigakit
i finally got enough time to experiment more after the initial short test a while ago, e.g. with third party software.

it appears the NVRam module is nowhere to be found, not in flash, or the software install 'disk'.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 02:13:08 PM by TribbleSmasher »

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 04:15:39 PM »
Just to make it clear: i've read the manual. but nothing makes sense.
it says once the (new?) nv library is called, a NVRam file is created. thats just not true. as most Aos systems from 3.1 have the nv library either in Rom or on hd and probably every program will open it up  with requirement V0 or V40, i don't see how any ever would open the V46 resident library?
I can check my version right after boot on a 3.1.4 Rom, and it says 40.36. So  how can there be a v46 resident?

The config program also fails to let me add stuff to a new config;
i can add an adf in the contens tab to the flash, but the 'flash contents' on the configurations page doesn't even show all what is on the Contents page, so i cannot add it to any config.
its quite useless in this state.

On a side note: it would be nice to be able to change the bootsplash image, to provide a different one related to the config that is booted.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 04:33:54 PM by TribbleSmasher »

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 08:07:05 PM »
If anyone can just drop me an empty nvram module here would be nice. I guess it's not just an empty file, none of the other modules is that simple.