Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Raquel Velasco & Bill Buck / Genesi's Clarifications  (Read 6777 times)

Description:

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
Re: Raquel Velasco & Bill Buck / Genesi's Clarification
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2002, 06:35:01 PM »
Thruth hurts Mike. When you will figure out that the articia is crippled and that the Amigaone won't work

I am willing to take that risk.  ;-)  AmigaOne betatesters did not find anything seriously wrong with these boards for a very long time. They have been running all kinds of Linux distributions on them without major problems for months now.

Therefor it is easy to understand that the original bug wasn't something you would come across on a daily basis. But regardless this bug is now fixed due to efforts of Eyetech, bPlan and MAI, nothing Bill Buck deserves any credit for.

Eyetech could sell Pegaos boards branded AmigaOne and everyone would be happy but it will never happen with Ben

They have their hands full with their AmigaOne boards and Linux MAI boards already. Many people prefer to have an AmigaOne (which can run AmigaOS4 legally). Everyone should know that one cannot just transfer a specific license to totally different hardware (similarly Mr Buck's AmigaDE claims are nonesense).

Next to the advantage of offering fully AmigaOS licensed hardware, I prefer Eyetech's AmigaOne because it already offers G4 solutions for christmas and offers me an additional 66 Mhz PCI slot.

Offline Orgin

• Show only replies by Orgin
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2002, 06:35:41 PM »
BAFs and BMFs, they are all BFFs to me.

BFF - Blind Fanatic Follower

/Björn
Mooh?

Offline cdfr

• Show only replies by cdfr
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2002, 06:41:17 PM »
Next to the advantage of offering fully AmigaOS licensed hardware, I prefer Eyetech's AmigaOne because it already offers G4 solutions for christmas and offers me an additional 66 Mhz PCI slot.

LOL
That's what I call a BAF.
You try so much to make people beleive that you believe it too.

We will speak about it in a few weeks.

Offline System

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2002, 06:47:33 PM »
By the way, what does "cdfr" stand for? I could only find "Child Development (Bill Buck?) and Family Relations (Bringing the Amiga community closer together?)" on the internet.

I ask, because I want to make sure that I am not wasting my time on some anonymous troll.  ;-)

Offline Orgin

• Show only replies by Orgin
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2002, 06:58:47 PM »
As a complement to my previous message.

BFFs reminds me a lot of the PC users that used to come to Amiga forums saying how good their PC was and by using an offensive/agressive tone tried to tell everyone what they should think or do and that their line of thinking and reasoning was the only correct one. Mocking anyone with a different view than theirs.

I guess the BFFs felt the  need to take the PC advocates role now that they have become so few and far apart.

/Björn
Mooh?

Offline catohagen

• Show only replies by catohagen
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2002, 07:00:44 PM »
Things are moving very fast. We have alot to do

Yep, things are moving fast, still you seem to have enough time to post more nonsense and announcing
a name of a month...

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2002, 07:01:35 PM »
I was on the verge of flaming info@thendic-france.com....but better not.

Sjees! What a bunch of crap.  Grow up you bunch of little zitfaced adolescents! While you're at it get a spellchecker...

Offline ne_one

• Show only replies by ne_one
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2002, 07:14:00 PM »
@shIva

"i think coming/working together would be the best for such a small market. they bring it all down."

In principle I've always supported this idea but the comments coming from Genesi are embarrassing.

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2002, 07:54:43 PM »
It's so sad Mike watching you throw away the last shreds of being a respectable author and turning into nothing but a shrilled Sock Puppet.  

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline System

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2002, 08:07:26 PM »
It's so sad Mike watching you throw away the last shreds of being a respectable author

Come on now Randy, this is all just hilarious. And by the way, since when have you (of all people!) decided to become a moralizer.  ;-)

Offline AmiNTT

• Show only replies by AmiNTT
    • http://www.leroux.ca/
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2002, 08:24:17 PM »
MikeB:  Thanks for the links to Alan's replies.

I find this whole thing embarassing.  I really wish people wouldn't do this kind of crap.  

I have to say that I am in awe how Bill, Fleecy, Randy and gang can put up with this stuff on an ongoing basis.  I know that by now I would have hired the people is the white cube vans to take care of this.

:-D

I am eagerly awaiting my G4 from Livewire.

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2002, 09:05:57 PM »
ter: MikeB Date: 2002/12/4 15:07:26

Quote:
It's so sad Mike watching you throw away the last shreds of being a respectable author

Come on now Randy, this is all just hilarious. And by the way, since when have you (of all people!) decided to become a moralizer.

The war is about over and the community needs to pull together.  I've attempted to show it can be done and let bygones be bygones.  But no, you have to still charge in and make further rips in the Community.  You know, the community you say you like so much and do so much for?  Your just a partisan Sock Puppet who mouths what your Puppet Master wants to be said in public.

But there are those like me who will point out that those of your ilk on AmigaMMC's SuperDuper Secret ML, do not speak for the Community, but against it.  

I threatened long ago after reading Hyperion's silly nonsense against bPlan/MOS to buy a Pegasos. Depending on what 2003 has in store for me, I just may go ahead and do it.  Perhaps then I can finally bare to take the old Amiga out to the trash.  I almost did it a few years ago, I just didn't have the heart to do it.  Now, I'm almost ashamed to be even connected with a community with people like you publically claiming to be apart of it.

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline System

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2002, 09:26:05 PM »
The war is about over and the community needs to pull together.

I wouldn't call your 100% certain claims of Amiga bankruptcy a result of a so called "war". And what exactly ended this "war" in your eyes?

Your just a partisan Sock Puppet who mouths what your Puppet Master wants to be said in public.

If you mean Bill McEwen as being the "Puppet Master", he actually thinks it would be best to ignore people like you or Bill Buck. This to avoid those nasty flamewars on Amiga forums.

I threatened long ago after reading Hyperion's silly nonsense against bPlan/MOS to buy a Pegasos.

Why threaten people? Why not just buy one, why should others care about this?

And by the way, you also stated many times in the past that PPC was the wrong way to go as well as going closed source. Do you understand that MorphOS isn't x86 nor open source?

Offline pteppic

• Show only replies by pteppic
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2002, 09:33:28 PM »
@The CEO and CTO of Redrumloa Industries Inc.

Bah! The verbal contract with Redrumloa Industries isn't worth the paper its written on.  Everyone should support Coder Inc.   ;-)
\\"But please remember this is only a work of fiction.  The truth, as always, will be far stranger.\\"

---Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Madgun68

• Show only replies by Madgun68
    • http://home.comcast.net/~madgun1968
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2002, 09:35:21 PM »
Hrmpf! What's the deal with the back-peddling?

Yesterday, the April chip added new features to Artica and now suddenly it's fixing bugs instead. :-?

Offline Hammer

• Show only replies by Hammer
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 04, 2002, 11:14:27 PM »
Can somebody past me the pop corn…
Amiga 1200 PiStorm32-Emu68-RPI 4B 4GB.
Ryzen 9 7900X, DDR5-6000 64 GB, RTX 4080 16 GB PC.