Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Excessive Censorship  (Read 1429 times)

Description:

Offline RRunnerTopic starter

• Show all replies
Excessive Censorship
« on: May 01, 2008, 09:51:26 PM »
I was more than a little disturbed today to see that someone was banned from this site because they tried to defend something that they had done. Whether they were right or wrong is beside the point.

Not only was that person banned, the thread where the "debate" was occurring was locked so no further comments could be posted. Link

So if someone disagrees or argues with a moderator of this site they are banned? If someone says something that a moderator disagrees with the thread is locked so no-one else can comment? What happened to free speech? No-one was being attacked except maybe the person who was banned.

I find this whole thing very troubling. It will be interesting to see if I get banned from this board myself for speaking up.

Please note that I am not acquainted with any of the parties involved in said discussion. I just see this as being wrong, a form of censorship and against the right to freedom of speech.

-=>The RoadRunner<=-
A2000 030/40Mhz, 8Mb RAM, 1GB HD
AmiKit

• Show all replies
Re: Excessive Censorship
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 10:13:19 PM »
Then please accept my apology. I was obviously not aware of all the facts nor the exchange you listed above.

I will go sit in the corner with my foot in my mouth. :roll:
-=>The RoadRunner<=-
AmiKit

• Show all replies
Re: Excessive Censorship
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 10:18:45 PM »
Go ahead. You can even delete it if you like, seeing as how I made an ass out of myself, speaking out without knowing all the facts. That will teach me.  :lol:
-=>The RoadRunner<=-
AmiKit