Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Which classic Amiga games do you want to see remade on the A1  (Read 7559 times)

Description:

Offline Waccoon

• Show all replies
Without a doubt:

Infestation! -- Such a cool idea well ahead of its time, plagued by a lack of enemies and really slow 3D graphics.  With a robust redesign, this game would be KILLER on new hardware!

Armour Geddon -- Big, deep, lots of vehicles, "multitasking" gameplay, real time events (day & night)... the list goes on.

Day of the Viper -- Infestation meets Dungeon Master, I think.  A resource management game to heart.

Log!cal -- The ultimate marbles game.  Maybe a freebee AmigaDE version?  But, it has to have a great soundtrack, like the original game.

Sideshow -- A little known title.  Visit a carnival and play booth games for tickets and food.  Harmless, addictive fun!  I still play this one a lot on my 1200.

Stunt Car Racer -- For sure!  It amazes me that with all of today's hyper 3D technology and sophisticated physics engines, that nobody can make a stunt racing game!  What ever happened to classics like SCR, and the arcade version of Hard Drivin'?  Everyone just wants to make the next cheezy verion of Need for Speed or Test Drive!  AAAAAARRGH!

Wings -- But, it must have a great story.  Red Baron II was a bit TOO realistic to be fun, Knights of the Sky was too cheezy, and Dawn Patrol was impossible to play.  Wings was just classic gaming at its finest!

Titus the Fox -- No, no... just kidding!

Offline Waccoon

• Show all replies
Re: Which classic Amiga games do you want to see remade on the A1
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2002, 08:27:36 AM »
shadow of the beast 1,2,3 wasnt made by psygnois, only published by them

As far as I know, the Psygnosis brand is dead and will no longer release any titles.  It was a hot sale when PlayStation was a new machine, but respectable titles dried up after the "Wipeout Sellout", and they haven't been very active, since.

Reflections really went downhill, too.  Destruction Derby 2 was an awful sequel to the awesome original, Driver was lackluster in all respects given the fresh genre, and Stuntman was frustrating as all hell (I'm SO glad I only rented it)!  I wish they'd lay off the driving games for a while.

Team 17 was never really that good to begin with.  ProjectX pissed me off to no end, and their earlier titles just seemed to lack serious design in favor of zippy controls and great graphics.  Allistair Brimble was a real talent, though.

Most of my favorite games have been released by one-hit-wonders.  I think that says a lot about the developers, rather than the publishers.  They got together to make a title, they made a great game, and then they moved on to other jobs.  Oh well.