Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Back for the future?  (Read 1322 times)

Description:

Offline HolleyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Holley
    • http://www.Front-Runners.net
Back for the future?
« on: May 08, 2004, 05:25:00 PM »
Hi, I'm just getting a look in, seeing as the 'One' is getting close now!

I've got a pile of mothballed Amigas, the best of which is an A3000D with A3640, 16Mb in Zip ram and a Cybervision 64, though my work laptop can now emulate quickly enough to keep up with it!  

Before I got that the weapon of choice was an almost-stock A1200, which I got to play Breathless on, before that was an A2000 with a really wierd hard card (the only Amiga I ever sold), and a couple of A500+'s for good measure.

Most of the stuff I do in my free time is DTP (under windows due to large file sizes), though I also like driving games (the most recent being Project Gotham Racing2).  My all-time favourite games would have to be Switchblade on the CPC464, Creatures and Myth on C64, Super Skidmarks and Breathless on the Amiga and Doom1 and Carmageddon2 on the PC.

I'm hoping the new Amiga comes down from it's expected £900-£1100 price tag, as thats too rich for my blood!

To check out my Windows 'desktop' click here, for my emulated workbench click here, then let me know if theres a way I could improve my Windows setup :-P.  The A3000 has the same backing picture, but at 800x600x256 colours - not so impressive :-(
\\"Sex, drugs and rock n\\\' roll are very good for you\\" - Ian Dury

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
Re: Back for the future?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 05:28:19 PM »
That Windoze DOpus desktop had me fooled for a sec there :lol:.

Anyhoo, welcome :-).

Offline sir_inferno

• Show only replies by sir_inferno
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 06:21:05 PM »

odin wrote:
That Windoze DOpus desktop had me fooled for a sec there :lol:.

Anyhoo, welcome :-).

heh heh, mee too

welcome to a.org :-D

Offline HolleyTopic starter

• Show only replies by Holley
    • http://www.Front-Runners.net
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 09:53:46 PM »
:-D Thanks

I got DOpus 6.2 on a cheap upgrade option - it's great, but not worth the full RRP, hope they do an OS4 version in due course! (note that it still shows it's own folder icons - under Windows Explorer they all look like OS3.5).

I'm using 'WindowBlinds' to change the look of the windows themselves - they have Workbench 3.1 as a standard theme, but I changed the colours and scrollbars as they were wrong; I can't find a way to change the scrollbar widgets and widths unfortunately :-(

There's a couple of OS4 themes, but for some reason everyone on their forums slags them off as being 'QNX' :-?

Aaanyway, best start saving for that AO and a copy of PageStream I guess!
\\"Sex, drugs and rock n\\\' roll are very good for you\\" - Ian Dury