Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I want an Amiga gaming system!  (Read 10232 times)

Description:

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
Re: I want an Amiga gaming system!
« on: February 05, 2004, 04:50:13 PM »
You need to be insane if you don't like WHDLoad. It makes any expanded Amiga run any supported game (unless it's a non-AGA unit trying to run an AGA game). And oh yes, everything worthwhile playing is supported. Even if some games don't work they will just after some minor settings (read the manual).

Now as for getting an A500 with 1.3rom, you guys are failing to mention that he's bound to run into PAL/NTSC differences, especially if he opts for an NTSC A500 unit as it is the least compatible with majority of games out there. He will have a hard time tracking down NTSC ports of the games he wants, and when he tries PAL versions he'll notice the timing problems with GFX and sound. If he's from a PAL country, he's fine then.

My suggestion:

A1200 w/3.1rom, OS3.9, 2GB or more HD, 030 accelerator with SCSI and CDrom + Zip drive connected to it, and of course and Amiga monitor in order to be PAL/NTSC independent..

Perfect for gaming and backup.

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 05:34:39 PM »
A specific list of games? More like almost all released games. I am sure there are titles missing, but everything worthwhile playing is supported.

Offline x56h34

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 06:53:32 AM »
Hehe, that's my auction (A1200) one. Obviously, you should bid on it. ;-)