Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: debian hardinfo benchmarks  (Read 12762 times)

Description:

Offline Rob

Re: debian hardinfo benchmarks
« Reply #104 from previous page: May 05, 2012, 04:33:13 AM »
Quote from: itix;691329
@Kesa

This thread is good news to Hyperion. There is nothing wrong in OS4 regarding raw CPU performance.

MorphOS is faster than OS4 on Pegasos II so there is the potential for OS4 to ring more out of the X1000 than it currently does.

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2012, 10:47:27 AM »
@klx300r

Are you OK? Your desperate and frantic postings here in this thread and in that Blender benchmark thread shows signs of a mental break-down! You should take it easy...

A few years ago, some of you bashed the MorphOS team with sticks and stones for going the Mac mainstream HW route, not sparing the mockery. Now, after a two years of development, some people can pre-order "your" alternative, the A1X1K, that for $3,000+ puts you at the same position as that said Mac HW costing a 1/20 of the A1X1K's price. But that doesn't mean it's slow (well, personally, I think it would be nice to be able to play 1080p videos etc in 2012, but maybe that's just me, G5 Mac's seem to be able to do this though, so it's at least *possible* on the PPC). You should be glad for this, you got exactly what you asked for and as others have said, it's the fastest OS4 machine available, be glad for that and not angry about Mac HW beats it! Mind your blood pressure, take it easy, and wait for Hyperion to add support for the on board controllers. Noticed you just got RS-232 drivers, etc. That's good, right? Once you can take those extra/unnecessary PCI cards out of the picture, chances are the price of a system could be lowered slightly as well, and given the OS4 development speed, I'd say that it's only a matter of a few years until the board is fully supported (the Sam 460 for example isn't quite there yet, but I'm sure it will get there some day)...
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2012, 11:01:21 AM »
Again, why do you keep using A1X1K? :confused:

Amiga 10 1000. It doesn't even make sense! :confused:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2012, 01:36:27 PM »
@kesa: that name doesnt make sense however you spell it, anyway.

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2012, 04:15:42 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;691872
@klx300r

Are you OK? Your desperate and frantic postings here in this thread and in that Blender benchmark thread shows signs of a mental break-down! You should take it easy...

well now that you ask things have been stressful lately:knuddel:

I just never thought Piru would stoop that low...I never have said one bad thing about MOS ever so please don't confuse me with others.

I've tried MOS and think it's a professional and fast OS and if I could have got myself a PegII years ago I would be using it right now! this isnt about blue vs red for me honestly
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2012, 05:05:17 PM »
@klx300r

You actually *still* don't realize you are "seeing" things that simply aren't there?
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2012, 07:46:53 PM »
Quote from: klx300r;691910
well now that you ask things have been stressful lately:knuddel:

I just never thought Piru would stoop that low...I never have said one bad thing about MOS ever so please don't confuse me with others.

I've tried MOS and think it's a professional and fast OS and if I could have got myself a PegII years ago I would be using it right now! this isnt about blue vs red for me honestly

Well at least we're cool on that, since I myself have considered buying an OS4 system.

But I agree with takemehomegrandma, I don't understand what your problem with Piru's figures is.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"