Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Motorola's MHz = Mega Hurts ?  (Read 3415 times)

Description:

Offline ido

• Show all replies
Re: Motorola's MHz = Mega Hurts ?
« on: April 22, 2002, 04:02:50 PM »
So a 2556 Mhz Pentium proccessor ONLY does 3,644,544 Kkeys/sec , while THE LOWERED MHZ PPC AT 1600 Mhz , DOES 16,991,648 Kkeys/sec !! What i can say is that is is like 6 times faser then this stupid Puntium 4.

Nico, don't believe everything you read. you can probebly find some other article that says exactly the opposite... i don't think we can actually know for sure how fast this cpu is, but i don't think the G4 is 7.44 times faster then the P4 Mhz to Mhz.
--\\"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.\\"

Offline ido

• Show all replies
Re: Motorola's MHz = Mega Hurts ?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2002, 12:13:14 PM »
And incidently, AMD processors are FULL RISC processors with extra transitors to emulate x86 instructions. AMD did just release a chip without the x86 emulation.

you mean the alchemy? that's not a PC class CPU, it's just for PDAs and stuff. i really hope they'll release their hammer CPU in a non-x86 version!
--\\"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.\\"