Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: News from Hyperion  (Read 4958 times)

Description:

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
Re: News from Hyperion
« on: January 01, 2008, 05:56:18 PM »
This is announcement is a mixed bag for me.

I always like the way vendors give their New Years Greetings...it really hits home on the New Year, giving one excitement and anticipation for the New Year...just brightens the holiday, these greetings, and all the other ones you get from friends and family, of course.

Then again, Hyperion's announcement is confusing... Hyperion's operating system?  Is is Hyperion OS 4 or Amiga OS 4?

Not that I like Amiga, but when Hyperion writes a strangely worded missive, I have to wonder if their lawyers asked them to write this greeting, or if it was genuine.

On the other hand, I do not share some of the same criticism I have read in this thread...  largest update, yes.  Largest just means the largest in terms of bytes the update takes on disk.  It probably is the largest update.

Amigans used to value efficiency, and didn't brag about how bloated something was...but the truth is....larger tends to be better, for various reasons, i.e. more features, doing more...supporting a whole new hardware architecture.

The main thing of interest is that they plan to support a larger range of hardware options.

Someone said its not Amigas business model, to support unlicensed platforms, like old Mac hardware or Genesi hardware....I had to laugh...please, I know what you mean, but business model it is not.  It's their current rules maybe... a 'business' implies something, that I don't think Amiga knows much about.

Anyway...happy new years to everyone.  And Hyperion...not really a fan of what you've done with Amiga OS, other the you did something... but then again, what would have been Amiga OS, MorphOS, has done something too, they just don't have the name....but Hyperion, wish you the best anyway, and I hope you succeed in 2008, supporting a wide range of platforms, with your updated, but still obsolete, Hyperion OS 4... I hope you get there, a modern Amiga-like, Hyperion OS 4, would be interesting indeed.