Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What kind of gamer are you?  (Read 8041 times)

Description:

Offline pVC

Re: What kind of gamer are you?
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2011, 03:00:29 PM »
I mainly play Amiga games. There doesn't seem to be option for it...
Daily MorphOS user and Amiga active.

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011, 03:07:39 PM »
Vintage console games mainly, when I play that is. Systems listed in my sig. Mostly enjoy a quick few minutes of shoot 'em ups. Don't care much for modern gaming really at all. Around the time when CD or DVD based gaming became the standard, I lost interest.

Offline VingtTrois

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by VingtTrois
    • http://www.amiga.org/gallery/images/6006/1_2316_My_AMIGA_Collection_Sept2010.jpg
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011, 04:47:57 PM »
:uzi: I'm a killer on PS3 with :flame: BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY: show no mercy, give no quarter. Keep your nose clean!!! :destroy:
-A3K(T)040@35MHz/78MB/KS3.1/OS3.9/Buster11/PICASSO II/GVP IO/A2088XT/DENEB/HDD18GB
-A3K(D)030@25MHz/134MB RAM/KS3.1/OS3.9/Buster11/RETINA Z2/OKTAGON 2008/VLAB YC/MIDI/DKB3128/HDD18GB
-A2K/ROM 1.3-3.1/2MBCHIP/8MB/A2091/OKTAGON 2008/A2058/TANDEM IDE/FlickerFixer-Scandoubler/Genlock
-A1200/KS3.1/2MB+9MB/CF2GB A1200[/

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2011, 05:19:36 PM »
Quote from: pVC;631835
I'd call that console/pc combined, the way games should be played :D
Hell yeah! I play games on my pc but Street Fighter 4 and Assassin's Creed go well alongside Disciples 3, Bioshock and Starcraft 2 (as well as quite some awesome Amiga and Dosbox games)
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline brenry

• Show only replies by brenry
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »
Quote from: A1260;631816
with that comment your more gay than any gaymers :)

retro remixes i listen to in the early 2000, but always did go back to the originals and ended up deleting the retromixes becouse they was not worth my time. so newer bothered with retromixes again ever since.
To each his own, eh ?  If you are basing your opinion on downloading massive files you are missing the experience.  When Slayradio or Scenesat do live shows on irc, that's what it's all about.  The experience with others.  Unfortunately I do not live in Europe and cannot attend all the station gathering parties or a demoscene convention.

as for demos every ps3 games kills everything ever made with the c64/amiga and pc. so why bother?... i dont anymore... demos is something of the past now days and pretty boring. in ps3 games i interact with all these great technical demo effects everyday. thats much more enjoyable :)
I'm guessing you are still a kid?  The whole ps3/pc/xbox/nintendo fanboy thing is redundant, they are just toys and the average time someone spends on a game (which many don't have replay value to them) is less than a week.

Pushing the limits of hardware is not what interests me, demos have songs I grew up with and have have heard changed with different composer's flavor added.  And it sure beats having winamp's standard visuals playing on another monitor while doing something else on the pc.  They are kind of like an old friend, that can keep you company.

If you say it's dead that's your ignorance.  You can get a taste of how big the scene still is by checking out some of the streaming media at
http://capped.tv/monthtop

I rarely play my mame machine and my xbox only ever gets used to stream tv shows.  If games is what you live & sleep you might as well be playing world of warcraft.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 05:28:30 PM by brenry »

Offline runequesterTopic starter

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2011, 06:49:40 PM »

One of the "retro console" options was supposed to say "retro computer games" :(

Offline motrucker

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2011, 06:57:29 PM »
I play FPS on Windows machines, My old Sega Genesis (still love GODS on this and my Amiga tho) and Sega Dreamcast. This isn't possible on a classic Amiga, so that"s all over the map (but it's there).
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline Thorham

• Show only replies by Thorham
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2011, 07:15:52 PM »
I play anything I like on any platform, except phones and tablets... except for Sudoku on my phone sometimes (simple, cheap pre-paid phone with one game) ;) Note: For retro games nostalgia isn't a factor (I'm not a nostalgic person), only whether or not I like the game.

Offline A1260

• Show only replies by A1260
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2011, 09:47:20 PM »
Quote from: brenry;631851
I'm guessing you are still a kid?  The whole ps3/pc/xbox/nintendo fanboy thing is redundant, they are just toys and the average time someone spends on a game (which many don't have replay value to them) is less than a week.

Pushing the limits of hardware is not what interests me, demos have songs I grew up with and have have heard changed with different composer's flavor added.  And it sure beats having winamp's standard visuals playing on another monitor while doing something else on the pc.  They are kind of like an old friend, that can keep you company.

If you say it's dead that's your ignorance.  You can get a taste of how big the scene still is by checking out some of the streaming media at
http://capped.tv/monthtop

I rarely play my mame machine and my xbox only ever gets used to stream tv shows.  If games is what you live & sleep you might as well be playing world of warcraft.

i when it comes to demos i have seen what there is to see.. got my c64 in th 1985...and amiga in 1988... i havent said the demo scene is dead but c64/amiga have reached their max of what they can do. the pc demo scene dont interest me never had... anyway i dont live in the past, that is just sad... no i dont sleep & live games only when i want some entertainment(mostly in the weekends) and i dont like wow and dont play it, i dont play pc games... i like ps3 for what it is a mediastation and gamestation, it is great :)

Offline mingle

• Show only replies by mingle
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2011, 11:34:47 PM »
Gee, I haven't played any video games for about a decade...

So I had to go for the bishop-pummeller option...

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2011, 05:00:49 AM »

I play PC games under MorphOS, Windows and Linux (and the occasional Amiga game via emulation.

Consoles just don;t do it for me.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline desiv

• Show only replies by desiv
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2011, 05:05:55 AM »
As for consoles, I play mostly Vectrex, followed by my 3DO..
As for retro, it's been (recently) almost all Amiga, with some Vic-20...

As for PC, I've been toying with OnLive and played (badly) Unreal Tournament and Trine on it recently.  
Last game I played through was Prey.
Before that, a lot of Neverwinter Nights.
(Prey and NWN were native Linux versions)

desiv
Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1230/28 - 4G CF, MAS Player, ext floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 500 w/ 2M CHIP and 8M FAST RAM, DCTV, AEHD floppy, and 1084S.
Amiga 1000 w/ 4M FAST RAM, DUAL CF hard drives, external floppy.

Offline Scottish_Chris

• Show only replies by Scottish_Chris
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2011, 07:26:11 AM »
PC gamer here and I only play one game....CounterStrike. \0/

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2011, 09:01:40 AM »
For me it's definitely my ps3. But it's not perfect. It's a closed in system meaning you can't modify it in any way. Ever tried to put a file onto the HD of a ps3 from a pc memory stick? This means i have to use my laptop for things like watching movies, Skype, photos, etc.

I don't buy the idea of a solution for everything stuck inside my ps3 console. It's too closed in in to make it work like that i think :rolleyes:

I think pcs are good in that you can mod out the games which you can't do on a ps3 or xbox. I would love to see a jailbroken ps3 so i can take control of my own hardware :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:04:18 AM by Kesa »
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2011, 09:06:52 AM »
Anyone want to buddy up for ps3 Call Of Duty: World At War?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline rvo_nl

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by rvo_nl
« Reply #44 from previous page: April 16, 2011, 09:42:43 AM »
I try to find time to play the bigger releases on pc (I invested quite some time to finish Fallout 3 for example) but more often Im playing some old stuff using WHDLoad or even better, emulated platforms like NES, SNES, MAME, NeoMAME etc. Only on my Amiga ofcourse, for some reason its not fun emulating stuff on pc, even though it does it a 100 times better and faster. Oh I also have a bunch of old consoles that I play around with, Ive just finished playing the last 'good' games for PS2 for example. Ofcourse I bought all of them.. ;)
Amiga 1200 (1d4) Kickstart 3.1 (40.68), Elbox Power/Winner tower (450w psu), BlizzardPPC 603e+ @240mhz & 060 @50mhz, 256MB, Bvision, IDE-fix Express, IndivisionAGA, 120GB IDE, cd, dvd, Cocolino, Micronik Keycase, PCMCIA Ethernet, Ratte monitor switcher, Prelude1200, triple boot WB3.1 / OS3.9 / OS4.1, Win95 / MacOS8.1