Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology Acquires Personal Paint  (Read 10722 times)

Description:

Offline Rob

Re: A-EON Technology Acquires Personal Paint
« on: November 28, 2014, 10:07:07 AM »
Pascal told that when he asked to buy amigaworld

First I ever heard of that.

Offline Rob

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 12:30:37 PM »
Quote from: Minuous;778600

This demonstrates the likely reason it was released in the first place: hoping that someone would mirror the file for the benefit of the community, then they could threaten to sue them for millions of euros to force an out-of-court settlement

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Aminet and it's mirrors for the benefit of the community?  Would there really be a need to host it elsewhere?

Offline Rob

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 02:01:37 PM »
Quote from: Minuous;778615
Recent events have shown that things can and do disappear from Aminet without warning...

Lots of software has disappeared from the Amiga scene over the years, both commercial and freeware.  Should we start hosting all software in other places just in case?  Would someone be justified in cracking MorphOS because Ralph might one day stop selling keys?

Offline Rob

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 05:59:30 PM »
Quote from: WeiXing3D;778644
I wish I could have access to Amistore to buy and download PPaint, but I've been waiting for Amigakit (or A-EON) to reset my non-working login credentials for ever now and no luck.:cry:

Did you PM them.  I needed something resolved and after a few messages on AWN everything was sorted out very quickly.  A few hours tops.