Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New A-EON Music Card for Classic Amigas  (Read 46473 times)

Description:

Offline matt3k

Re: New A-EON Sound Card for Classic Amigas
« on: October 21, 2013, 05:28:05 PM »
Great news.

Hope it offers something beyond what the used market provides.

I recently bought a new X-Surf 100 and I'm having a real challenge to get it to perform faster than the Ariandne it replaced. The Ariandne via nmi gives 155,000 cps  and the X-Surf using EasyNet gives 60,000 cps (Using Miami I can get between 160,000 and 200,000).  

I already have a Delfina Plus, that only uses 2% cpu to decode, has great sound quality, and is bullet proof in reliability.  My 3k multitask without any perceived slowdown now. If this will offer something better, I'll entertain it (I will probably buy if it as least as good as what I have now for my spare desktop, but it would be nice to offer more).  

The problem, as has always been in Amiga Land, is software and driver development. Hopefully, they will have a good and well tested solution out of the gate.

Offline matt3k

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 05:48:05 PM »
Double post...

Offline matt3k

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 05:52:43 PM »
Quote from: spirantho;750704
The Delfina Plus only does MP3 doesn't it? This does OGG Vorbis, WMA, WAV, FLAC and MPEG 2 Layer 3.

I'll do my best. :)

I only use it for mp3's and mp2's, so I don't know.  Glad yours offers some more options!

I would be happy to put it in my kids system and beta test a card for you:)

Offline matt3k

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 12:01:05 PM »
Agree with others.

If your going to build it, build it right.

FLAC and Digital I/O would be a very nice touch.  As an added bonus, if it had a z3 mode for optimal bus speed (or at least some trickery to help - similar to what the Delfina Plus bus is capable of doing).

I would bet almost all the cards users will have at least an 030.  I would put my efforts for 030,  040 and 060 playback to make FLAC usable.

Appreciate the effort and looking forward to the final product.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 12:22:45 PM by matt3k »