Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New A-EON Music Card for Classic Amigas  (Read 46532 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_H

Re: New A-EON Sound Card for Classic Amigas
« on: October 20, 2013, 05:34:00 AM »
Well hot damn! Depending on how the software support works out (mpeg.device compatible decoding API?) this might replace my Delfina...

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 05:29:20 PM »
Quote from: spirantho;750595
It's something we're looking into, definitely. I've not looked at the mpeg library for a while so can't remember the API.. but it would be nice to be widely supported by existing software as well as the new programs!

delfinampeg.device is what I currently use - source code is available if you need some reference material: http://aminet.net/package/mus/play/dmdev

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 06:47:08 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;783533
Also here's a really dumb question:  AHI and MHI.  AHI is a retargetable system that allows the use of different audio cards by any application that supports the AHI standard.  And MHI is more of a streaming library just for playing back mp3/mpeg streams, correct?

(obviously I don't do a whole lot of audio work on my system, lol)

Not a dumb question at all! But yes, you've pretty much got it. MHI is to hardware decoding as AHI is to audio playback. Write a program to support AHI and it can use any audio card for which there's a driver. Write a program to support MHI and it can use any hardware decoding card for which there's a driver.

Unfortunately, I think the only program that uses MHI is AmigaAmp...