Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New A-EON Music Card for Classic Amigas  (Read 46536 times)

Description:

Offline Gulliver

Re: New A-EON Sound Card for Classic Amigas
« on: October 20, 2013, 07:13:21 AM »
Interesting. I hope they add Toccata emulation, so we can use it under MovieShop.

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 09:00:33 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;753090
Hi,

Prisma Megamix sound card has been modified, due to customer feedback to have an optional SPDIF expansion module.

I dont see the point of a SPDIF module. There are lots of inexpensive spdif encoders and decoders which cost $20 USD including shipping (just take look in the evil bay). So I believe this module is reasonable if it costs less than $20 USD.

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 11:10:51 AM »
@spirantho
I doubt it is a full digital path for SPDIF, as the chip seems to provide only analog outputs. Unless you are doing something wicked with that built-in XilinX.

On the hardware side, you could offer something interesting with the 12 GPIO pins the DSP chip has. Maybe an expansion module that could provide a sort of Geekport or a simple series of relais for controlling fun stuff, or even a LCD module that could display some playback parameters.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:12:59 AM by Gulliver »

Offline Gulliver

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 03:22:08 PM »
Quote from: mboehmer_e3b;753240
The decoder provides digital output as I2S data stream at different rates.

Then I stand corrected :)

Quote from: mboehmer_e3b;753240
Well, need to get some pics, but the second revision hardware has digital I/Os and also some mysterious addon module in first prototype revision :) It might have to do something with SPDIF output... :)

Stay tuned. Development is ongoing, but a bit slow due to heavy NMIs from my little daughter :)

Michael

Interesting. Lets see what comes out in the end.

And kids, are definately NMIs ! ;)