Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CommodoreUSA CEO Interview Answers being Release April 16th  (Read 19012 times)

Description:

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
Quote from: runequester;688036
Pie of course. Cake is bourgeois decadence :whack:

You can't beat a proper thick crust apple pie!!

Offline Digiman

• Show all replies
Re: CommodoreUSA CEO Interview Answers being Release April 16th
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 01:31:17 PM »
At the very least the whole Amiga Mini = standard Windows box in standard HTPC case is FACT.

Given the excellent advice offered to CUSA after C64x to improve their future product lines the VIC Slim and Amiga Mini are a massive step backwards.

I'm not saying ARESOne is perfect (they don't have Amiga looking cases) but with AROS full compatibility and AROSBIOS features they are serious about giving you some kind of x86 Amiga compatible.

Now given that CUSA DID make a custom C64 mk1 case and keyboard (inaccurate but this is today a less versatile style in the consumer view) AND that fundamentally short of booting from a blank screen directly into VICE C64 emulator full screen there was no C64 OS usable.

With Amiga things are different-
1. We have both AIO keyboard (A500/600/1200), HTPC (CDTV + WIRELESS Keyboard/mouse/remote) or 3 box setup like tower desktop (1000,1500,2000,3000,4000) styles to replicate.

2. We have 3 new OS choices (OS4/AROS/MOS) plus Amithlon+Amiga OS3.9. The architecture they chose is x86 but not even tested for Amithlon/AROS hardware compatibility.

3. Even A2000/3000/4000 keyboards are unique and different to PC keyboards but not even an A2000 style keyboard with 10 F keys only etc is being made.

So unless points 1,2,3 are not addressed, or even 1&2 alone, why would people here want it.

I might as well put Amiga 2000 sticker on fridges and sell those, both CUSA and my Amiga Fridges Inc product fail on points 1,2 and 3 but summer is coming and you need to keep the beers cool so mine is more useful :)

(The Amiga logo is done for free at the Chinese supplier after ordering in quantities of just 300)