Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Iridium Banner AMIStore App Store A1200/A600 4xIDE Interface

AuthorTopic: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video  (Read 112952 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Pyromania

Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2012, 01:18:57 AM »
I'm not sure why the second video does not work on YouTube, it just says processing forever. At first I thought it was because it was almost 5 GB in size. But I converted it and got it down to under 300 MB and it still never finishes processing. Gave up on that one and upload it to DiscreetFX server.

It can be found on the link below. This has been tested on OS X Lion, please let me know if it works for other operating systems. I'll be looking for other sites to post the video to as well. Right click on the video and do a save as.

http://www.aladdin4d.com

Vimeo link: https://vimeo.com/38820866

YouTube Link: http://youtu.be/KoHgUt2UPVU
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:23:53 AM by Pyromania »
 

Offline bloodline

  • Master Sock Abuser
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2002
  • Posts: 12113
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2012, 09:02:24 AM »
Quote from: haywirepc;684389
Good work. Blender is free though... Thats a tough price to beat but perhaps if this is ported back to amiga os and morphos it will have some more value there...
Blender is free, but I struggled to get it to do anything sensible... After an hour or so, I gave up and went back to Google Sketchup :(

Offline rayt

Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2012, 10:59:30 AM »
"This video is only about 80% complete but is being uploaded now because customers requested it."

That's funny. Didn't the customers only request it because a (presumably complete) video was actually the whole point of this news item?

Anyway, seems that you generated a lot more attention this way than you could ever have by just providing the video concurrently with the announcement ;)
 

Offline Duce

  • Off to greener pastures
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jul 2009
  • Posts: 1699
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2012, 11:18:42 AM »
This video has been removed by the user.
Sorry about that.

Stop wasting peoples time, please.
 

Offline Pyromania

Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2012, 11:22:08 AM »
Quote from: Duce;684471
This video has been removed by the user.
Sorry about that.

Stop wasting peoples time, please.

Vimeo link: https://vimeo.com/38820866

YouTube Link: http://youtu.be/KoHgUt2UPVU
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:25:38 AM by Pyromania »
 

Offline Pyromania

Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2012, 11:27:47 AM »
Quote from: rayt;684470
"This video is only about 80% complete but is being uploaded now because customers requested it."

That's funny. Didn't the customers only request it because a (presumably complete) video was actually the whole point of this news item?

Anyway, seems that you generated a lot more attention this way than you could ever have by just providing the video concurrently with the announcement ;)


Was it a master plan or just human incompetence? Only you can decide.
 

Offline Pyromania

Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2012, 12:55:51 PM »
Can you be the first one to spot the color digital video effect in this video and tell us what famous black & white DVE it's a remake of? Be the first one and win a lifetime of upgrades to Aladdin 4D.
 

Offline wawrzon

Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2012, 01:09:34 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;684466
Blender is free, but I struggled to get it to do anything sensible... After an hour or so, I gave up and went back to Google Sketchup :(


having some ideas just now i am struggling with blender too. its completely messed up imho in terms of workflow and logic.. just like late lightwave, which i might fall back to, even though i liked the similarity of the interface and blender being open source.
sketchup doesnt sport particle anim, i assume, it probably barely even has a renderer, does it?
 

Offline wawrzon

Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2012, 01:11:39 PM »
Quote from: Pyromania;684476
Can you be the first one to spot the color digital video effect in this video and tell us what famous black & white DVE it's a remake of? Be the first one and win a lifetime of upgrades to Aladdin 4D.


you mean these legs?? i really wondered what that has to tell me. the version on morphos is not the original 68k application by chance?
 

Offline bloodline

  • Master Sock Abuser
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Mar 2002
  • Posts: 12113
  • Total likes: 0
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2012, 01:30:10 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;684477
having some ideas just now i am struggling with blender too. its completely messed up imho in terms of workflow and logic.. just like late lightwave, which i might fall back to, even though i liked the similarity of the interface and blender being open source.
sketchup doesnt sport particle anim, i assume, it probably barely even has a renderer, does it?
Sketch up is little more than a modelling tool, perfect for my needs as I use the models in games... I know it can "render" with texture mapping but it doesn't ray trace... I think it use OpenGL :)

Offline cicero790

Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »
I think its great that DFX releases the new Aladdin. Different tools for different purposes.

My silly video was perhaps badly timed in the midst of this release, but it does not count since it was made on a good but not so fun windows pc, on a not very welcoming program.
A1200 030 40MHz: 2/32MB Indivision AGA MkII
A600 7 MHz: 2MB
AROS 600 MHz
PC 13600 MHz: quad core i7 2600K 3.4GHz: 16GB RAM: ATI HD6950 2GB   (Yes I know)

WINUAE AmiKit ClassicWB AmigaSYS UAE4Droid  

 

Offline jorkany

Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2012, 02:50:50 PM »
Quote from: cicero790;684484
My silly video was perhaps badly timed in the midst of this release, but it does not count since it was made on a good but not so fun windows pc, on a not very welcoming program.


Pretty sure nobody knows what video you're talking about.
 

Offline Pyromania

Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2012, 03:16:31 PM »
Attention desktop icon artists/wizards we need new launch icons for Aladdin 4D for Amiga OS 4.1, MorphOS & AROS. Make them a 24 bit Golden Lamp please. This is not for free, we will pay you.
 

Offline cicero790

Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2012, 03:23:35 PM »
@jorkany
No harm done then.
A1200 030 40MHz: 2/32MB Indivision AGA MkII
A600 7 MHz: 2MB
AROS 600 MHz
PC 13600 MHz: quad core i7 2600K 3.4GHz: 16GB RAM: ATI HD6950 2GB   (Yes I know)

WINUAE AmiKit ClassicWB AmigaSYS UAE4Droid  

 

Offline Ral-Clan

Re: Aladdin 4D 6.0 Technology Preview Video
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2012, 03:25:37 PM »
Quote from: Pyromania;684476
Can you be the first one to spot the color digital video effect in this video and tell us what famous black & white DVE it's a remake of? Be the first one and win a lifetime of upgrades to Aladdin 4D.


I'm guessing it's the legs that are swinging by.....and this looks like it's inspired by a Toaster wipe?
Music I've made using Amigas and other retro-instruments: http://theovoids.bandcamp.com