Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community  (Read 26187 times)

Description:

Offline Bishop077

• Show all replies
Re: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community
« on: December 30, 2011, 05:10:19 PM »
I want to see a Laptop.....

I honestly don't care if its PPC, X86, Old Amiga hardware, or a hamster with an abacus....

I would love CommodoreUSA, MorphOS, Hyperion, Cloanto, or Natami pick a laptop that is commonly found on the market write drivers for it and let me boot Directly into an Amiga (or Amiga like) OS, and have all the parts work for once.

We've seen the laptop conversion mods, etc... But I'm not that handy with a scroll saw.

Can this all be done by the hobbist.... sure... customize a Linux distro that boots into UAE... Ya got it... All the driver support in the world... Yup, but not my point....

If CUSA wants to do something cool, take the design of an Amiga 500 and make a laptop. That is what I want to see... Even if its just CommodoreOS with UAE.

Offline Bishop077

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 06:40:45 PM »
Quote from: spirantho;673646
@Bishop077

That's a handy thing to wish given that's exactly what Hyperion are doing!

Yeah I read an article on them using a LimePC or something a little while ago.... (brb have to re-google it)...

Ah yes, end of 1st Qtr 2012.  I do like this idea and I will buy one if they find a new "Mr. Hardware Computers" that I can get one though... :D They should probably update the vendor section of their website.. I'm sure someone in America sells their products.... I digress...

Thanks for the news.. I still think if CUSA wants a challenge they should make a C64 or Amiga 500 looking laptop. I'd probably by that too just for the case (if it didn't melt...)

Offline Bishop077

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 08:15:27 PM »
The sad thing is I did that. I wanted to have a dedicated system to use in order to re-launch my old Cnet BBS....  

Since I am not a MAC fanboy It sits here as a paperweight.  I'll sooner or later do what I said in an earlier post. I'll probably install a Linux Distro, and have it launch UAE and call it good from there....

Lovely and True Sig BTW.