Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community  (Read 26110 times)

Description:

Offline lsmart

• Show all replies
Re: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community
« on: December 20, 2011, 06:18:33 PM »
Quote from: Transition;671998
1. The community must definitively decide, through polls or whatever, what exactly it wants a Commodore AMIGA from Commodore USA to be.

I don´t think this is ever going to happen. It´s hard enough to get two Amigans to agree on anything. You might get 500+ orders from them, if you present them with something nice, but I don´t think you can let them decide what it will be.

Being from germany myself I have refrained from ordering the new Commodore 64 and got something else instead, because there is always trouble with international shipping, so I wouldn´t buy anything unless it is distributed in the EU. I however run CommodoreOS (linux mint) on my laptop - exclusively at the moment, because the installer was buggy and deleted Windows from it, even though I selected to install in the other partition (which was the bigger one anyways and therefore preselected).

I wouldn´t make a product for the community - especially not on Amiga.org where you get funny flamewars between red / blue / Natami. The only thing the community agrees on, is that some time in the past, somebody at Amiga definitively got it right. But there is no consensus as to who or when - but Jay Miner is a strong candidate...

So if you really want to play it safe: Build an Amiga 1000 like machine with AGA & RTG in an A2000 tower case with a keyboard garage, let it run on a quad core G5 PPC and be binary compatible to Amiga OS3.9 in hardware and support Amiga OS4.1 and OpenGL and make it play HD 3D Video from BlueRay.:razz:

Oh and sell it for 500$ or below as most of us don´t have as much pocket money as we used to.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:21:19 PM by lsmart »

Offline lsmart

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 07:24:38 AM »
Quote from: gazgod;672166
I never inferred its anything magical!!

No, you implied it. He later inferred it. SCNR

(This post was written under the bad influence of Dr. Sheldon Cooper. Go complain at Warner Bros. Television if you don´t like it.)

Offline lsmart

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 07:34:21 AM »
Quote from: EDanaII;672326
So, when somebody else in the Amiga community does a pre-order, it's OK, but when they do it they're dumb-asses?

Normal preorders can be cancelled anytime and aren´t taken until there is an actual product. It is unusual to take the money, before production is ready to start.