Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community  (Read 26093 times)

Description:

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show all replies
Re: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 30, 2011, 04:25:09 PM »
Quote from: amigadave;673353
It is a waste of time for the original poster to write more here, as there are the same few usual suspects that drown every thread that has any mention of CUSA with so much hate and crap that no sane discussion can take place.

I'm not saying that anything useful might happen, but it can't here with all the crap that is added to any thread that mentions CUSA.

I am quite sick of all of it and very tempted to click the "Ignore" button on every CUSA hater on this forum, just to be able to read threads without all of their crap all the time every day.  Their posts outnumber actual CUSA information about 100 to one.

Of course they will now attack me and say it is all CUSA's fault for using this site for their own free advertising site and they are Forced to post in retaliation.  It is all so very silly and childish.

How is that different to real life. Every new model of Mercedes/Audi/BMW is publicly ridiculed by the competitor. It's no different here. When Commodore USA make the equivalent of a BMW M3 we will have no way to ridicule a product which is so good people buy it despite who it is manufactured by.

If the C64x was better/cheaper it could have made a big difference. The rest of their line up is either a PC with a sticker on it with even worse value for money OR a secret project we all have to fund upfront via 500 sales held in escrow.

Their reputation and treatment here is a direct correlation with the childlike CEO rants and raves and their overpriced/underwhelming products and ideas to date.

Posting here to basically to say "sorry we haven't got a clue what to do with the Amiga name because we are not intelligent enough so please give us a product idea on a plate and pay up front" is never going to help them.

If I come up with the winning idea for what is produced I want my 15% of total gross sales for my efforts.....and that's if I wanted to deal with someone like BS Altman to be honest (which I don't).

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show all replies
Re: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 12:43:13 PM »
Quote from: Bishop077;673629
I want to see a Laptop.....

I honestly don't care if its PPC, X86, Old Amiga hardware, or a hamster with an abacus....

I would love CommodoreUSA, MorphOS, Hyperion, Cloanto, or Natami pick a laptop that is commonly found on the market write drivers for it and let me boot Directly into an Amiga (or Amiga like) OS, and have all the parts work for once.

We've seen the laptop conversion mods, etc... But I'm not that handy with a scroll saw.

Can this all be done by the hobbist.... sure... customize a Linux distro that boots into UAE... Ya got it... All the driver support in the world... Yup, but not my point....

If CUSA wants to do something cool, take the design of an Amiga 500 and make a laptop. That is what I want to see... Even if its just CommodoreOS with UAE.

100% Amithlon compatible PC laptop? There must be one somewhere in the world way back in the distant past of 2000-2011 no?