Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community  (Read 26157 times)

Description:

Offline spihunter

• Show all replies
Re: Commodore USA's Final Challenge to the Community
« on: December 20, 2011, 01:15:53 PM »
Does final challenge mean that you guys will finally go away if nothing is worked out?.

Like others have said, If it doesn't run AmigaOS/MorphOS/Aros native then it's just another X86 sticker box.

Offline spihunter

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 01:27:58 AM »
Either everyone here has a really short memory or some of them weren't around far all the insults, lies, theft, and homophobia this company has spread so far..

I wouldn't care if they put out something that I really, really, wanted. I would never give a Dime to these people.

Quote from: Duce;672472
EDana:

It's not a "perfectly valid arrangement" from a company with their background.  Not in the least, and it wasn't their place to come in here acting as the savior of the Amiga after treating the entire community like absolute **** for YEARS.  There's reports of them taking pre order payment for current systems (see the Reddit link) and the purchaser hears nothing out of them and has to consider a lawyer or reversing charges on a credit card.  I think that gives people a whole HELL of a lot to keep in mind before any talk of pre payments on some new Amiga system, doesn't it?  Or am I to assume we should just ignore the reports that have been heard, and just take them at face value, lol.  Hard for a guy to get his money back if he is unhappy if he gets no answer on the "support line" like the Reddit fellow, no?

You know what would have went a long way, C-USA?  Saying "sorry" or simply giving real answers that have been asked for a long time.  Sorry for the threats, sorry for the spam, sorry for the fact a lot of promises have gone entirely undelivered, sorry for the fact you made very offbase and prejudiced slurs about people and the community.

Completely unwilling to answer any questions, and you wonder why no one wants anything to do with you.  I'll ask my top ones, again - you come here asking question, but are unwilling to answer any yourself.  The unwillingness to answer any questions simply tells me and others you are trolling for more publicity.  Now...

1 - when and were can I see/buy your product in a large retail chain?  I don't buy ANYTHING sight unseen.  Not from Apple, not from HP, and not from you - valid question, I'd love to see one.

2 - heat issues with the C64x, still an issue or has this been fixed?  Telling the customer "to buy a laptop cooler for it"or to crack the case and install fans is not acceptable, sorry.

3 -  when will your products get into the hands on independent reviewers, such as Engadget and other well known online review sites?

4 - ever consider sending a review machine to someone in the community, like a Mod here at A.org?  Being the big wheels that you are in the PC industry, you know all professional reviews are on a "loan" basis product wise, costing nothing more than shipping.  A company with confidence in their products should have had these machines written up in every mag on the planet by now.

Offline spihunter

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 01:57:14 AM »
If your just going to ignore what these guys have done up to date here then there is really no sense in trying to argue with you either?. I'm not sure what they are trying to accomplish here but so far they haven't really said much......

Many folks here have asked they they either support AROS or the Natami. Neither one is a money maker so I don't see them being interested.

Quote from: amigadave;672477
I applaud your efforts in trying to talk sense and make the most of an opportunity, but it is a waste of your time arguing with the few CUSA haters that will never accept anything that they do or say.

I am no fan of CUSA either, but if they really want to make amends with the community, I will let them (if they can).  My doubt is that they will never get 500 people to agree to anything.

Offline spihunter

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 05:24:20 PM »
Why don't we all do ourselves a favor and just let this fall off the front page and forget about it?. Nothing is ever going to come out of this. We have plenty of way cooler projects going on in the Amiga world to be bothered by these yo yo's.